22 Fun ways to stay cool this Summer
Fun ways to stay cool in summer
How to stay cool in summer is a constant battle especially when you don’t have a big pool or airconditioning. So we asked Brisbane parents what they do to keep their Brisbane Kids cool in summer.
- Wash the car in the shade- get wet and do something constructive
- A Big bucket of water and some jugs and paint brushes… They mange to water the plants and dogs, cool down and have fun!
- Some of those $2 spray bottles filled with water… keeps her amused for ages spaying things (plants, blackboard, herself etc etc). It’s nice because she keeps cool but doesn’t get drenched with it.
- A wet sheet hung up outside can be helpful. SLURPIES too!!
- Hose on the trampoline.
- Water balloons! (additional suggestion to provide them in a baby bath full of water on the front deck)
- Slip and slide..
- Iceblocks!!! especially the ones you make yourself in different shapes.
- Water pistols
- WATER FIIIIIIGHT!!!
- Wearing swimmers in a cool bath. For some reason wearing swimmers makes the bath more fun!!
- Head down to a nice little spot at cedar creek or other natural free water spot to cool off
- Old tarp, detergent and water…..world’s cheapest slip n slide!
- mango ice-cream for afternoon tea – A bit naughty… but at least it’s cool & refreshing.
- The sprinkler
- buy a cheap paddling pool
- Play in the clam shell pool, with different size containers, funnels etc under the shade of the verandah. We’ve done it 2 days in a row so far. I hope the novelty wont wear off! It’s our first summer in Brisbane…
- Strip to your undies and waltz around the house hoping it scares the neighbors off from coming to visit
- Sprinkler under the trampoline always works a treat
- Indoor play centre for us today. Kids ran around and had fun and my friend and I caught up on each others news.
- Food colouring in a cool bath with slushie mugs… Used to have clam pool…. Will have to get another one caz spent hours in it…
- sitting on the floor under a fan playing puzzles & games