Things To Do For Families In Samford
They say it takes a village to raise a child… Family friendly Samford Village, situated north-west of Brisbane, may be the perfect place to do just that.
Samford Village, a picturesque and bustling country town, has an amazing range of family friendly events, services, parks, and places to eat that are worth the drive to visit.
Here’s what the locals told us on Facebook about the best things to do, see and eat in Samford. Enjoy!
Family friendly places to eat in Samford
Your kids are hungry again? No problem! Samford has an impressive number of family friendly places to eat, with everything from organic cafes to homely pubs.
- The Black Sheep Caffé is perfect for a quick bite to eat with the kids.
- The Flying Nun is a café selling delicious food of the highest quality within an old church building – and they can cater for food intolerance.
- Samford Chicks is a family owned and operated business serving homemade chicken nuggets with free range chicken. They even stock organic soft drinks!
- Read our review of the Samford Valley Hotel – a homely place that welcomes kids with a children’s menu and large play area.
- The Rare Pear Café is one of the few places in Australia where you can bring your horse to dine at the café with you! There’s even a children’s playground – find out more in our review.
- Samford Seafood and Burger Bar have high chairs and kid-friendly meals – another great option!
- Canter and Colt Cafe is the place to go for organic, tasty and healthy goodness in Samford.
- Topiaries at Beaumont is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday nights, and serve a Sunday buffet breakfast from 8am (under 5s FREE for breakfast!). Tuesday is family night when kids eat free! Stay up to date with dining events at Topiaries on their Topiaries Facebook page.
Family-friendly events in Samford
There’s always something happening in Samford for families, and everyone is welcome! Check out the Brisbane Kids Events Calendar to keep updated with the latest.
- The monthly Samford Valley Markets is also a lovely morning out in the village for Brisbane families.
- Samford has some amazing local artists, some of whom run kids’ arts classes, and many are participating in an arts trail this June. Check out their Facebook page for all the details.
- The Samford Show is held in July each year and is perfect for families wanting the experience of a show, without the crowds of The Ekka. The pig races, pet parade, rides, displays and exhibitions (plus the obligatory fireworks) make for a memorable day out for the whole family.
- The Samford Health and Wellbeing Expo is on again this year on Saturday 13th June in John Scott Park. There will be heaps of great activities for the kids too.
- The Samford Valley Steiner School Festival is on again this year too. Children’s arts and craft activities including silk painting, candle making, woodworking, felting and gem fossicking.
- Moreton Bay Regional Council also hosts regular family events in Samford, including movie nights in the John Scott Park and abseiling at Baden Powell Park.
Family friendly places to visit in Samford
There is so much to see and do in Samford that you could spend the whole day, or longer!
- Drive through Samford’s countryside and try to spot a kangaroo, cycle the bike trails alongside horse riders or browse the eclectic mix of stores and eateries along Main Street.
- Make sure you head in and check the Store of Requirements which is a Harry Potter Shop which sits next to the Flying Nun cafe we mentioned above.
- If you want to visit Samford regularly, why not join up with Queensland’s oldest and largest playgroup – Samford Playgroup.
- The Samford Museum offers a trip down memory lane, or the nearby Lyell Deer Sanctuary allows kids to pet and feed a deer.
- Samford Regional Park makes a nice spot for a picnic and some light bush walking. Right in the centre of town is the John Scott Park with children’s playground, BBQ and toilet facilities.
- Cedar Creek Falls and Andy Williams Park are two well known rockpools only minutes from Samford. Literally head out and turn into Cedar Creek Road, drive for about 7kms and there you are. You can’t miss Andy Williams Park and Cedar Creek Falls is basically the end of the road.
Family-friendly services in Samford
Old fashioned service is still alive and well at Samford Village.
- At the local supermarket – Supa IGA – you can expect staff to stop for a friendly chat and offer to help you with your groceries to the car.
- There are also high quality health services and health professionals based in Samford, as well as schools: Samford State School, Mount Samson State School and Samford Valley Steiner School.
- Samford’s Riding for Disabled Centre is a brilliant community service that provides therapeutic and recreational riding programs for children and adults with a disability.
- The only danger with a trip to Samford, is that you may end up at the local real estate agent’s office, drooling over the beautiful homes and properties in the area.
One response to “Things To Do For Families In Samford”
Follow Us On Instagram
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!