Brisbane Kids encompasses an ever-growing and inclusive community for each and every Brisbane Brisbane family—of all ages. We are honoured to support Brisbane families on their path to creating memories to last a lifetime, and we love to share the fantastic kid-friendly aspects of our gorgeous city.
We invite you to share your ideas!
There’s nothing better than community involvement, so if there is something you’d like to see featured on the Brisbane Kids website then please let us know. Even better, write a guest blog for us to help spread the word! We accept guest posts from parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles, teachers, carers…—anyone who has an idea and can write about it is welcome to submit!
The nitty gritty of writing a guest post for Brisbane Kids
Before you write anything
We’ve put together a quick guide to writing for Brisbane Kids in the Guest Post Guidelines below. Before you write anything though, please send us a quick email to [email protected]. Let us know what your background is and what your guest post would be about and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can to give you the go-ahead (we’d hate for you to spend time writing something we have already got hidden somewhere on the site!).
Guest Post Guidelines
If you have some great (high quality) photos that you took yourself of a unique Brisbane (or South-East Queensland) experience that you’d like to share, and you can string a few words together to describe the experience, then you’re on your way to writing a guest blog for us!
Please note: We do not accept guest posts that are advertising a product or service, or are sponsored in any way. If you would like to advertise with Brisbane Kids or have us review a product, please email [email protected] for a media kit.
- Length of guest post is a minimum of 500 words.
- Only original posts will be accepted. If your post has featured anywhere else online or in print, then we require it to be re-written.
- Unless agreed to in writing by Brisbane Kids, you may not publish your guest post on your own website or blog. You are, however, 100% welcome to post links of your published Brisbane Kids’ blog on your blog, website or social media!
- We reserve the right to edit your post. In the case that we need to edit substantially, we will email the revised post to you for approval prior to publishing. An introduction may be added to provide context. A conclusion may also be added to tie your article to existing content on the Brisbane Kids website.
There are really no limits to the areas we would like to cover on Brisbane Kids, however we do require the topic to be highly relevant to Brisbane families.
Areas of interest could include (but are not limited to) –
- Day trips from Brisbane
- Free things to do in Brisbane
- Fun things to do in Brisbane
- Places to explore
- Parks and Playgrounds in Brisbane
- Picnic spots
- Creeks to explore
We require 4 to 6 images relevant to your guest post topic. These images MUST have been taken by and/or owned by you (you will be required to download, complete and return this Talent Release). Image specifications are as follows –
- High quality (photos taken on digital cameras preferred – no smartphone photos, unless of very high quality)
- Landscape orientation
- 703 x 468 pixels
- No watermarks unless agreed to prior
- You are welcome to share these images via DropBox or other file sharing methods to ensure highest possible quality.
Please feel free to include a brief 2-3 sentence bio. This may include links to your website, blog or social media accounts. A 150×150 pixel image to accompany your bio is also welcome.
You can see an awesome example of a guest post on our website here – http://www.brisbanekids.com.au/explore-brisbane-queen-mary-falls/ Since this one was written we have changed our image requirements (see above), but this is an example of the detail and experiences we like to share with the Brisbane Kids community.
Submitting your Guest Post with Brisbane Kids
Once your guest post is finalised to the above requirements, please email the following to [email protected] –
- Written post in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Original images (.jpg or .png format) or a link to images to download.
- Completed Talent Release form (download here)
- Your bio (if applicable).
Please allow up to 14 days for us to respond.
In the case that we are unable to publish your guest post, you are free to publish it elsewhere.
Thanks so much for considering a guest post with Brisbane Kids! We can’t wait to hear more about your ideas and can be contacted at any time at [email protected] to discuss them further. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook to see when we share your post with our community on social media.