Lawnton Aquatic Centre
Lawnton Aquatic Centre is home to one of the largest swim schools and squad programs on Brisbane’s north side. This centre has three pools, plenty of grassed areas and BBQs available for use. Lawnton Aquatic Centre is also partnered with Genesis Fitness to provide a full fitness package.
Learn to Swim at Lawnton Aquatic Centre
Learning how to swim is an essential skill that everyone needs to learn. Lawnton is proud to offer a range of learn to swim classes, from beginner to experienced, to ensure everyone with all abilities has the opportunity to learn how to swim. This is a lifesaving skill that everyone should know.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students the opportunity to:
• Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
• Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
• Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to the development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
• Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress through the curriculum
• Fast track swimming programs available over the holidays
The Learn to swim journey is powered by innovative technology: the Splash app and digital platform. It is designed to improve communication and interaction between swim school, parent and swimmer. Key technology features of Splash include swimmer notifications on achieving skills and milestones, digital awards, video messaging from the Australian Dolphin Swim team and chat functionality. Together our goal is to put the fun back into learning to swim and keep swimmers loving our sport for longer.
Facilities at Lawnton Aquatic Centre
Lawnton Aquatic Centre has a number of features that have proven to be beneficial to all members.
• A 50m lap pool – perfect for casual swimming, squad swimming and aqua classes
• A 25m indoor swimming/programs pool – also suitable for rehabilitation/hydrotherapy work
• A toddler splash pool and play area with water features
• Outdoor BBQs available for use
• A food & beverage kiosk
• Swimmer and accessories kiosk
• Partnership with Genesis Lawnton
Lawnton Aquatic Centre offers a range of services and programs to all members/ casual visitors
• Learn to swim programs for babies/toddlers, children, teens, and adults
• School swimming programs
• Water smart programs
• Access and inclusion classes
• Aqua Aerobics
• Swim Club
• Casual Swimming
• Birthday Parties
• School holiday activities
Special Needs Facilities
Lawnton Aquatic Centre has been designed to be inclusive of all abilities when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. At this facility, you will find that both the 50m and the 25m pools have mechanical chairs that lower into the pool. There are large accessible bathrooms with hot showers, a seat, a sink and a toilet. There are also two disabled parks and a ramp up to reception.
Visiting Lawnton Aquatic Centre
Lawnton Aquatic Centre is a great facility with offerings for the whole family. From learn to swim classes, squad sessions, adult fitness classes, to toddler splash pools and large grassed areas, there is enough to keep everyone entertained. Contact the centre or go on in to find out more.
What families have to say about Lawnton Aquatic Centre
“So glad to have found Lawnton Aquatic! my 2 year old had his first swimming lesson today and I am KEEN to get back there! I was so pleased with the lovely, helpful staff and our instructor that I’ve enrolled my 4 year old to start swimming lessons too! well priced, excellent facilities and wonderful, knowledgeable team. Couldn’t ask for more!”
“After a recent knee injury I have been using the lovely 50-metre outdoor pool to do my hydrotherapy to help my recovery. I couldn’t walk when I started and had to use the hoist to get in and out of the pool. I’m now back on my feet but still love to come to the pool. I had lots of help and encouragement from the staff at the pool. Especially Peta. Thank you all. ”
“Just love the Lawnton Aquatic Centre, so much on offer and only 5 minutes from our home. The staff are amazing and always helpful and the prices are reasonable for a family. While the toddler area is small, it is perfect for the little ones and all they need.”
Lawnton Aquatic Centre is located on the Cnr Gympie Road & Lawnton Pocket Road, Lawnton.
To find out more about this centre, please visit the Lawnton Aquatic Centre website.