Skating At Festival | Brisbane June/July 2018
THIS EVENT IS NOW FINISHED. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SKATING AT FESTIVAL 2019 DETAILS COMING SOON.
As the weather cools down and the school holidays approach, King George Square will be turned into an enchanting winter wonderland as the one and only Skating At Festival hits Brisbane. For 3 magical weeks from the 23rd June to the 15th July, you’d be forgive for thinking you were in the Austrian Alps instead of the Sunshine State as an open-air ice-skating rink, food trucks and fun winter entertainment takes over the city centre.
Brisbane Skating At Festival Highlights
The Skating At Festival is held in 5 cities across Australia and Brisbane is lucky to be one of those cities this year. While each city has different activities and entertainment, Brisbane’s line up this year is sure to provide the perfect winter experience for the whole family. Highlights of the 2018 Skating At Festival are:
- Brisbane Kids can skate around the largest outdoor Ice rinks in Australia
- The Runway, where big and little Brisbane Kids can reach high speeds coming down the ice slide on a tube
- Skating aids & family friendly sessions including the Kanga
- Delicious food
- Entertainment including ice skating performances and music
- And much more
What you need to know
- Each skating session is 5o minutes in duration and start on the hour.
- It is advised to turn up at least 30 minutes prior to your session starting.
- Wear warm clothes including gloves and bring a spare set of clothes to change into as kids will get wet playing in the snow and skating on the ice.
- Kids must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The recommended ages for ice skating is 3 years and over and kids under 5 are advised to skate with a penguin aid.
- The Skating At Festival is open rain, hail or shine. If it is raining on the day you have purchased tickets, it is best to bring a raincoat and change of clothes. There are no refunds due to wet weather.
- The Skating At Festival is expected to peak late afternoon, evening and during the school holidays. Capacity on the ice-rink is capped.
Skating At Festival Dates and Times
The Skating At Festival will be open at King George Square from the 23rd June – 15th July.
Opening hours are:
- 10am – 9pm: Monday – Wednesday
- 10am – 11pm : Thursday and Friday
- 9am – 11pm : Saturdays
- 9am – 10pm : Sundays
There are up to 11 ice skating sessions each day which start on the hour and allow everyone 45 minutes on the ice.
Skating At Festival Ticket Prices
Entry to the Skating At Festival is free and your family can visit and experience the winter wonderland underneath the clock tower and soak up the atmosphere. For free watch the ice skaters and see the snow fall, however if you want to be part of the action, then tickets must be purchased. There are a variety of tickets and options available at the Skating At Festival. All tickets to the ice skating sessions include skate hire. A Kanga and safety equipment are recommended especially for younger Brisbane Kids.
Ice Skating Tickets:
Below ticket prices are for the cheapest rate available online. Please note that tickets at the venue will be more expensive.
- $27 – Adults
- $19 – Kids aged 5 -14 years
- $10 – Kids aged 3- 7 years
- $88 – Family (2 adults and 2 kids)
- $10 – for a Kanga skating aid
- $10 per protection kit – Helmet and pad package including helmet, arm, knee and writs pads
The Runway Ice Slide Ride:
- $14 one hour unlimited ride ticket ($15 at the gate)
Tickets On Sale Now
For more information on the Skating At Festival and to purchase tickets click here.