The wide range of facilities found at Underwood Park at Priestdale, including the awesome Funderwood Hollow adventure playground, makes this park ideal for families with Brisbane Kids of all ages.
Underwood Park Playground
Underwood Park is a lovely spacious park with heaps of play features to suit all ages. There are several play spaces throughout the park, including a unique Spielart adventure playground and a second large playground that is protected by colourful shade sails.
Funderwood Hollow Park Design
Funderwood Hollow has been designed for children aged 5 to 16 years and features a fairytale feel with castle-themed towers high above the ground. The design has been based on children’s drawing depicting their own ideas for a fantasy playground brought to life. A range of challenging equipment has been created from durable and natural materials for Brisbane Kids to explore, including climbing nets, rope bridges and a climbing wall. The towers are up to five metres high and nestled amongst the trees.
The nature play section includes a water pump, tree stump styled sculptures for climbing and hiding and wooden stumps, beams and chain obstacles. There’s a rocky creek bed with bridges and stepping stones through the many established trees in this part of the playground to allow your Brisbane Kids of all ages to adventure, balance, play and explore their natural environment.
Additional features of Underwood Park include a pedal-powered monorail track that is always popular, as is the flying fox. Climbing nets, slides, swings and play structures provide variety for Brisbane Kids.
The BMX track is awesome for older Brisbane Kids, being home to competitions on a regular basis (or check out Darra BMX track if you want a track that caters for all ages).
Other fun attractions of Underwood Park include a dog off-leash area, netball courts and basketball half-court. There are many sheltered tables in the park offering wood and electric BBQ’s. There’s also a lagoon nearby.
The awesome Funderwood Hollow Spielart playground provides many opportunities for kids to test themselves with the increasingly more challenging equipment, in order to encourage them to make informed decisions and to develop resilience in a safe and secure environment. The fairytale theme is perfect for make-believe games of princesses, knights and scary dragons. The monorail track at Underwood Park is great for younger Brisbane Kids who are not quite up to using the BMX track. Here they can imagine they are zooming around on their own bikes, burning heaps of energy as they go. The flying fox will see your little monkeys swinging through the jungle and there are lots of trees scattered throughout to explore.
Underwood Park has accessible toilet facilities. There are many paths suited to wheelchair and pram use. The playgrounds are unfenced and the park is shaded by trees throughout the day. There is also a generous carpark.
Underwood Park Features
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Several unfenced playgrounds on a sand base
- Funderwood Hollow is a unique Spielart adventure playground
- Rope bridges
- Climbing walls
- Shadesail over some play equipment
- Climbing nets
- Pedal-powered monorail track
- Flying fox
- BMX track
- Basketball half-court
- Netball courts
- Bike path
- Several wood and electric BBQs
- 6 shelters with tables near the playground
- Shade trees
- Grassy open space
- Dog off-leash area
- Generous carpark
Another great Brisbane Playground nearby is Springwood Park.
Parents will love
- The endless play opportunities from the structured to the unstructured
- The facilities – its nice to have everything from BBQ’s and picnic shelters to accessible toilets and a generous carpark
Kids will love
- Whether the kids are looking for a romp in nature or some climbing or sand digging, Underwood Park offers it all. They are unlikely to sing out with the “I am bored” mantra simply because there is so much to do here
- The sand-digger and the monorail are two pieces of play equipment that aren’t commonly found in Brisbane playgrounds and they prove to be a huge drawcard.
Underwood Park is located on Underwood Road in Priestdale.