This follows on from our world famous Best Rainy Day Ideas List in Brisbane for Kids which has over 100 rainy day ideas.. This is a shorter list just incase you are feeling overwhelmed.
You were planning a BIG day at the park or beach and now its raining. The kids are bored and its only 5am. The thought of a movie day excites you but you doubt its going to cut it for a full 9 hours.
Rainy Day Ideas in Brisbane especially for kids
FEAR NOT! here is the Brisbane Kids official guide to child friendly Brisbane on a rainy day
- Bowling > bowling is SO much fun- even for kids. If they are too little to pick a bowling ball then you can use the cannon type things provided by many alleys.
- Head to a Brisbane indoor playcentre for hours of indoor fun. Lots have wifi too, so grab your computer and relax while your kids run amok and wear themselves out.
- Check out your local library for story times or simply to borrow a book.
- Go to the plaster fun house at Belmont, Brisbane’s best plaster fun place for a day of craft, pieces start from only $3.
- Head to your local shopping centre cheap store with a loose coin budget and a plan. Make your own Christmas decorations or other fun craft ideas.
- Head to the movies.
- Go roller skating or iceskating.
- Deck the kids out in wet weather gear and go for a walk in a rainforest. There are some wonderful walking tracks at Mount Glorious that are perfect for little people!
- Head into the Queensland Museum, The Gallery of Modern Art or the Queensland Art Gallery – park all day undercover for only $15. There is also the Queensland Maritime Museum and The Sciencentre right nearby.
- Head to Ipswich and visit the Workshops Rail Museum for a day of fun looking at trains, and the Ipswich Art Gallery which is probably one of the most child friendly art galleries in Australia.
It wouldn’t be an ultimate list without referring you to the Official Guide to Child Friendly Brisbane with our What’s on in Brisbane Calendar which you can find on our website.