Top 10 Child Friendly Cafes in Brisbane
Top 10 child friendly cafes in Brisbane
If you think your days of enjoying a warm cup of coffee at a great cafe are all but over now that you have kids, then think again. Increasingly, Brisbane is offering up more and more places that not only welcome you and your kids, but actually make an effort to keep them entertained so you can enjoy your coffee WHILE IT’S STILL HOT. Yes, that’s right. All of the cafe’s below offer not only great kids food options but also some fantastic ways to keep them happy and entertained so you can actually relax too.
Here’s the Top 10 child friendly cafes around Brisbane (in no particular order)
1. The Victoria Park Golf Complex Bistro, Herston Road, 4006
Victoria park Golf Complex Bistro offers so much more than just a good kids meal menu and the opportunity to challenge the family in a round or two of putt putt. Also on offer is an amazing playground, complete with re-purposed farm tractor, row boat and giant wooden cubby house, and a giant games area. Kids can also enjoy the rock climbing wall and imaginative play areas as well.
2. Avid Reader. 193 Boundry Street West End 4101.
Independent book stores are, sadly, a dying breed, but Avid Reader has been around forever and makes kids welcome. Head on out the back to the cafe and you’ll find a relaxed spot with a box of toys. A great spot to inspire their love of books.
3. Dragonfly Cafe. Corner of Gympie and Beams Roads, Carseldine 4034
Nestled in Edens Gardens, you’ll find a child friendly cafe where you can enjoy a coffee and the kids can play in the gated playground. When they’re not playing, they’ll be spotting the water dragons or enjoying the great kid’s menu.
4. Slinky Espresso. 190 Fairfield Rd, Fairfield 4103
A friendly cafe with some toys in the corner to distract the babycino drinkers.
5. Cedar + Pine. Bay Terrace Wynnum 4178
Cedar + Pine has a child’s play area in the back and lovely friendly staff.
6. Veneziano The First Pour. 369 Montegue Road West End 4101
Head along to The First Pour to enjoy a coffee at the home of Veneziano coffee. There’s a kid’s nook where they can sit and color in or draw.
7. Miettes Boulangerie Pattiserie. 158 Graceville Avenue Graceville 4075
Miettes is a bakery with some truly yummy treats. Wash them down with a Campos coffee while the kids play with the box of toys provided.
8. Apples On Ainsworth. 36 Ainsworth Street Salisbury 4107
A friendly little cafe in a quiet corner in Salisbury. The food and coffee is divine, and the ambience is all about retro. Just across the road is a lovely little park, so if the kids aren’t up to sitting still, grab your treats to go and have a play in the park.
9. Word Cafe. 442 Enogerra Road Alderley
Word Cafe is within The Word bookshop. There’s a big playground for the kids to keep them entertained.
10. And if it’s all just too hard to even get out of the car, there’s always Di Bella Coffee Drive Through. 90 Abbotsford Road Bowen Hills
Good coffee and you don’t even need to get out of the car!
Feel free to add more child friendly cafes in Brisbane to the bottom of this list so that other parents in Brisbane can enjoy.