Ticket Prices for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
The fifth Australian Commonwealth Games are coming to the Gold Coast in 2018 and the countdown is on! Featuring 18 sports and the largest integrated para-sports program in Commonwealth Games history, this will be an unmissable event on the Brisbane calendar. With venues around the Gold Coast and in Brisbane itself, there has never been a better time to see world-class sport right on our doorstep!
Guide to the Games- what’s on, when and where
Ticket Prices for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games have now been announced, and there is a great focus on children and families – for access to an early guide of whats on and when its on click here https://www.gc2018.com/tickets#home
Ticket Pricing Facts
- Ticket prices start from just $10 for kids and $20 for adults.
- All kids’ tickets are half the price of adult tickets, to help make the events affordable for families.
- Kids aged 16 and under as of 4 April 2018 are eligible for children’s tickets.
- Infants under 2 years old get FREE entry with a paying adult parent or guardian, but must sit in their lap.
- Accessible seating tickets will be available, with further details to be released in April 2017.
- Over 55% of tickets are $40 or lower.
- 80% of tickets are $80 or lower.
- 2 adults and 2 kids can go to a preliminary event starting from $60 for the whole family.
- Present your ticket to get FREE public transport on the day of the event (within the TransLink public transport network).
- Advertised ticket prices include all ticket fees.
Ticket Prices at a Glance
- There are four events that are FREE to the public: Cycling Road Race, Cycling Time Trial, Marathon and Race Walk. These events do not require tickets.
- Tickets for the Opening Ceremony are $50 for children and from $100 for adults.
- Tickets for the Closing Ceremony are $35 for children and from $70 for adults.
- The cheapest tickets ($10 for children and $20 for adults) are available for: Athletics, Badminton, Boxing, Gymnastics Artistic, Gymnastics Rhythmic, Hockey, Lawn Bowls, Squash, Table Tennis and Wrestling.
- Tickets for Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Netball and Rugby Sevens start at $15 per child and $30 per adult.
- Tickets for Diving and Swimming start at $20 per child and $40 per adult, while Cycling Track starts at $25 per child and $50 per adult.
Full List of Ticket Prices
You can see a full list of ticket prices on the infographic below or at gc2018.com here.
How to Purchase Tickets
<< Tickets will go on sale in April 2017 >>
Tickets will be available via a Ticket Request phase. This is a four-week period in which you can request the tickets you want for any of the events. If any of the events get more requests than places available, the tickets will be awarded based on a draw.
To place a ticket request, you can visit gc2018.com. More information will be released in April 2017.
How to Find Out More about the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
GC2018.com is the hub with everything you need to know about the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
For more information on ticketing, you can read all of the FAQs here.
You can also stay up to date on ticketing information by signing up for notifications here.
To find out more about what to expect at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, check out Introducing the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. You can also visit our page The Kids Guide to the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018 for a full list of all our resources for this exciting event!