The Planting Festival Woodfordia | May 2019
Imagine, search, create, discover, celebrate, plant, grow…
The Planting Festival Woodfordia is a family orientated festival where nature, art and culture are celebrated. Held 76km north of Brisbane in Woodford the festival unfolds over 3 days offering a range of workshops, masterclasses and experiences for adults and children. With a range of musical performances, talks, presentations and illuminated night shows, the events main emphasis is on the important issue of conservation.
The Children Festival
The children festival is a colourful and animated large area separated in different sections offering an abundance of creative and hands-on opportunities for children of all ages.
What you will find at the children festival:
At the Children Festival you will discover a large number of experiences shared by passionate people ranging from artists to teachers, story tellers, zoologists, comedians, environmentalists, yoga teachers and musicians – all bringing purposeful opportunities for children to learn, create, interact, explore as they celebrate the joy of the festival.
Children will be kept entertained with a variety of different artistic materials as well as be able to take part in environmental awareness projects, learn about bugs interactively, listen to a show and, of course, have fun dancing and building!
You will also find an abundance of fine sand under a shady tree for younger children to socialise and play in so parents can sit and relax, enjoying the festival entertainments while your older children are busy creating.
From age 10 there will be exciting building opportunities as young engineers get the chance to participate in group constructions. By working together on a commune project they will be able to use real tools and reusable materials.
For the adults
A wide variety of workshops, classes, masterclasses will be on offer over the 3 days. (Workshops to be booked in advanced on the Planting festival website).
Weaving, dancing, cooking, learning, planting, creating, building…
Singing, playing, eating, drinking….
Community tree planting, community yoga classes under the shady trees…
There will be so many meaningful experiences on offer to feed your soul at the Planting Festival leaving you with a warm heart and an inspired mind!
The night show and festivities
Each night Woodfordia comes to life, illuminating the evening with beautiful heartfelt performances. Prepare yourself to dance and share a wonderful time under the stars in a very relaxed atmosphere where community is strong and culture sings out for all to enjoy.
Bring a blanket. Enjoy the many food outlets or even share your own food. Set yourself up on the large grass area with your family, prepared to enjoy a beautiful show by the lake under the stars surrounded by nature.
Tips for day visitors
- A hat and sunglasses, comfortable shoes and sunscreen are essential for an enjoyable experience.
- It can get cooler at night, so be prepared with a light jumper and warm jacket. We also suggest that you pack an umbrella or raincoat and suitable shoes in case we have some rain.
- There will be food outlets operating within the festival precinct from Friday evening, or you are welcome to bring your own.
Tips for campers
Come and set-up your tent, camper trailer, caravan, van or swag. The days are warm, but the nights are chilly. Bring warm bedding as well as shade from the sun. Pack a warm jacket and hat as well as sunscreen and sun hats for the warm, sunny days. We also suggest packing for rain—raincoat, suitable shoes and an umbrella.
- There is no electricity available on-site for patrons’ campsites unless it is required for life support. Generators are prohibited.
- There is no site lock-up so all valuables remain the responsibility of the camper and we suggest you lock them in your car which can be parked next to your camp.
- No fire or glass is allowed in the festival camping grounds.
- Please do not drive around the site once you have set-up camp—there are little ones about. Consider using a bicycle to commute from your campsite to the festival entrance.
- Please make sure you set-up in the allocated area.
- Please keep your site neat and tidy and dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided and recycle where possible.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and cooking equipment to the festival site but fires are not permitted. There will be food outlets operating within the festival precinct from Friday evening.
The Planting Festival
When: Friday 3rd May to Sunday 5th May, 2019
Where: 87 Woodrow Rd, Woodford, QLD, 4514
Price: There are numerous prices and options depending on if you are going for just one day or camping over the weekend.
Bookings: Bookings are essential and can be done at: https://theplantingfestival.com/tickets/
The Venue: Woodfordia
The venue for The Planting Festival is in Woodfordia, a 500-acre parkland located on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, on Jinibara Country, which is just over 1 hour north of Brisbane. The address is: 87 Woodrow Rd, Woodford QLD 4514
To find out more about what you and your Brisbane Kids can do in Brisbane check out our Brisbane Kids Event Calendar, take a look at the Brisbane Kids Upcoming Shows page or sign up to theBrisbane Kids Weekly Newsletter.