The Green Heart Fair | Carindale and Chermside
The Green Heart Fair is Brisbane’s biggest FREE bi-annual community and sustainability event. The family-friendly fair explores everything to do with green living in Brisbane, with sustainability displays and cooking demonstrations, kids’ activities, market stalls, live entertainment, native plant giveaways and more! There is something for every member of your family and best of all; everything (except for the food and drinks) is free!
What to expect at the Green Heart Fair
The Green Heart Fair will have more than 100 leading sustainability organisations and community groups sharing valuable information on how to live a greener lifestyle and offering tips for reducing the cost of living in your home. For Brisbane Kids, there are two areas dedicated just to them- a Kids’ Hub and Healthy Active Kids’ Sports Area. The Kids’ Hub features a rock climbing wall, face painting, art and craft activities, jumping castle, Geckoes Wildlife and more to keep the kids busy for hours. The Sport Area is where kids can get active and play soccer, rugby and baseball to mention but a few. Plus there is live entertainment for young and old on two stages. Past entertainers who have attended the Green Heart Fair include Dirt Girl, Peppa Pig, The Octonauts and Dora The Explorer for the kids and celebrity chefs and a wide range of talented local bands for the big kids. Couple all this with roving performers, market stalls, amazing food, cooking demonstrations, plant giveaways, great prizes and lots, lots more at each and every Green Heart Fair and you have an amazing and free family day out.
Make sure that you don’t miss out on any of the awesome fun; visit the Green Heart Fair website for a full schedule of events.
Green Heart Fair Dates
There are two Green Heart Fairs held each year. The first event is held on the north-side in May or June at 7th Brigade Park in Chermside, while the second event is held on the south-side in September or October at Carindale Recreational Reserve. The best bit about the Carindale, is the Brisbane Billycart Championships. Brisbane’s biggest billycart championships are held on a grass track and kids of all ages (including adults) from all over Brisbane are invited to make and race their own billycart. Otherwise, you may borrow one of their carts.
Upcoming Green Heart Fair- Sunday 30 May 2021
When: 30 May, 9am – 3pm
Where: 7th Brigade Park, Chermside
The first Green Heart Fair of 2021 is being held on the Northside and it won’t disappoint with an awesome line up of all things green and fun. There will be a great line up for kids on the main stage at 7th Brigade Park with Dirt Girl headlining as well as an amazing line up of sustainability displays, entertainment, activities and markets. There will also be some Channel 7 celebrities hanging around to you can come up and say hi. Kids and adults will be kept busy with hands-on workshops and activities where they can gain a true understanding of sustainable living. Brisbane Kids can take part in loads of all-day free activities and entertainment while Brisbane families can also sample locally sourced food, enjoy the market stalls and displays, and live performances.
• 3000 free native plants for Brisbane residents given away on a first-in, first-served basis. Come to the Council marquee and you’ll also get up close with live native animals.
• Learn how to create a green home and garden with all day sessions from sustainability experts including Green Living Australia and Bee One Third.
• Keep the little ones entertained with a free Dirt Girl show and all day kids’ activities. Kids can enjoy craft workshops, nature play and giant games, all for free.
• Be inspired to reduce your waste at home as the Waste Zone highlights ways to reduce waste for a more sustainable life. Kids and big kids alike will also be able to get up close with a garbage truck.
• Grow your green thumb at Grow Zone by learning how to keep bees at home and get your little ones involved with a hands-on workshop.
• Meet the stars with Channel 7 Queensland’s personalities joining in the fun and try your hand at one of the activities.
• Move for Less by test driving electric scooters, check out electric vehicles and learn more about sustainable travel.
• Brisbane’s best artisans will showcase their finest collections of crafty handmade trinkets and oddments galore. Meander through the stalls of emerging and established local artisans, all 100% locally made.
• Enjoy delicious food from Brisbane’s favourite food trucks, with more plant-based and gluten free options to cater for all kinds of foodies.
• Enjoy live music to keep the crowds buzzing all day long!
To find out more information and full program details on the next upcoming Green Heart Fair at Chermside, please click here.
Upcoming Green Heart Fair- Sunday 5 September 2021
When: 5 September, 9am – 3pm
Where: Carindale Recreation Reserve
More details to come as the date gets closer. Keep an eye on https://www.greenheartfair.com.au/
To find out more about Brisbane’s wonderful array of regular cultural festivals, take a look at the upcoming Brisbane Festivals or our Brisbane Kids Event Calendar.To find out more about Brisbane’s wonderful array of regular cultural festivals, take a look at Brisbane Festivals – 28 Fun Filled Festivals for Brisbane Kids.