School closures due to Coronavirus
A current list of schools closed due to Coronavirus/COVID-19 in Brisbane.
The spread of Coronovirus across the world has understandably caused us all great concern. With schools and workplaces experiencing closures due to COVID-19, the impact on our daily lives is going to be far reaching.
School closures in Brisbane
There are currently minimal schools reportedly closed in Brisbane, however we expect this to change significantly in the next few weeks. These are the schools that have confirmed closures:
- TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR SCHOOL – Closing from 3:10pm, Wednesday 25th March (more info here)
We’ll also be seeing many events being cancelled over the coming weeks and months, so be sure to check with event organisers prior to heading to an event.
How to handle school closures and isolation periods due to Coronavirus
This fact sheet provides some very helpful information for parents and carers with children who are especially concerned about Coronavirus, to help guide them through the uncertainty. It has some great tips for minimising your child’s worry throughout this period.
Things to do outdoors while you’re stuck at home due to Coronavirus
It’s no fun being stuck at home, especially as a child with bundles of energy. It’s still important to get outdoors if you’re stuck at home in the cooler months—not only to stop the kids going stir crazy, but also for your family’s overall health. Here’s some inspiration we’ve put together for fun things you can do at home if you are forced to self-isolate:
- Build car ramps and race toy cars around the yard
- Make mud pies
- Paint with water
- Blow bubbles
- Pick out shapes in the clouds
- Ride bikes or scooters
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Pick flowers for pressing
- Play tag
- Spray designs on the fence with water pistols
- Make a fort or pitch a tent in the backyard
- Go bird spotting
- Find leaves, seeds and sticks to press into playdough
- Play hide and seek
- Draw on the pavers or concrete with chalk
- Have a backyard picnic
- Go on a bug hunt and draw the bugs you find
- Get the kids to hang out the washing
- Build a ninja warrior or obstacle course
- Fly a kite
- Play totem tennis
- Go tree climbing