Painting with Bubbles
Bubbles are so magical, and when combined with paint and colour, what could be more fun?
You will Need:
- Bubble Liquid
- Food Dye – red, yellow and blue
- 3 Plastic cups or containers
How to make Painted Bubble Artworks
Pour bubble liquid (approx. ¼ full) into three cup. Put a straw in each container.
Add a few drops of each food dye colour into each container and mix with the straw.
Blow gently through the straw so the bubbles start to bubble over the top of the cup
Press the paper over the top of the cup and press gently; the coloured bubbles will create a print on the paper
Repeat and try with the different colours
- If doing this activity with children 5 and under, it’s advised an adult blows through the straw
- Try using different sizes of containers to get larger or small bubbles. E.g. try a yoghurt container for smaller bubbles and a dip container for larger bubbles
- Try layering colours
- Try doing this over a canvas
- Use up the rest of the bubble liquid outside – blow bubbles with wands
TINY ART is a Brisbane based art school offering (kids aged 2-5 and 6-12): Art Classes, Holiday Workshops, Art Parties, Kindy Workshops, School Workshops, an Artist in Residence Program and Professional Development for Teachers.