American Express Openair Cinemas | Brisbane
THIS EVENT IS NOW FINISHED. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE UPCOMING OPENAIR CINEMA SEASON NEXT SUMMER.
Summer is nearly here and that means it is the perfect weather to watch a movie under the stars. Thankfully the Openair Cinemas is on again this year in Brisbane from 4th October – 11th November offering the ultimate summer movie experience.
The cinema, located at the Rainforest Green (next to the Wheel of Brisbane) at South Bank, screens movies daily, except for Mondays. Apart from movies under the stars, the cinemas has everything you need for a great night out including a fully licensed bar with a variety of food options. All you need to bring is a blanket and cushion from home so you can watch the movie in comfort, but if you forget you can always hire a chair and cushions on the night.
American Express Openair Cinemas 2018 Movie Program
The 2018 American Express Openair Cinemas season has an exciting mix of new release and classic all time favourite movies including a huge selection of family movies. It is recommended that everyone views the program before booking tickets and check the rating classification to ensure that the movie is suitable for every member of the family.
Highlights for Brisbane Kids on the 2018 program include:
- Saturday 20 October and Saturday 3 November: Smallfoot
- Sunday 21 October & Saturday 27 October: Christopher Robin
- Sunday 28 October : The House with a Clock in it’s Walls
American Express Openair Cinemas Tickets:
- $20 per general entry tickets
- $17 per general entry concession (including kids aged 4-17 years)
- FREE for kids aged 4 and under (maximum 2 children per adult)
- $40 per Star Lounge Ticket
- $60 per family ticket ( Valid for 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 and under. Only valid for PG rated films)
- Fees apply to all online bookings
- Additional cost for food, drinks, lounges etc
- American Express card holders receive a 15% discount on selected films.
Please note all prices are online prices and cost on the gate are more expensive. Online booking is also recommended as most movies sell out and there are limited tickets available at the gate.
Tickets Are On Sale Now!
For more information, full program details and to book tickets click here
To find out more about Brisbane’s wonderful array of regular cultural festivals, take a look at Brisbane Festivals – 28 Fun Filled Festivals for Brisbane Kids.