Oaks Casino Towers – book a staycation these school holidays in Brisbane
A staycation is the best way to experience all that Brisbane has to offer families these school holidays, and there’s no better place to stay than at Oaks Casino Towers Apartment Hotel.
With undoubtedly the best location in Brisbane’s CBD, Oaks Casino Towers is within walking distance of all of Brisbane’s best attractions for kids, including the Queensland Museum and Art Gallery, South Bank, Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Botanic Gardens and Queen Street Mall.
And by being a tourist in your own city, you can holiday without the long car trips or expensive plane tickets, but still enjoy a refreshing change of scenery.
Oaks Casino Towers – a family friendly hotel in Brisbane City
From the moment you park your car to the moment you reluctantly check out, the attentive staff at Oaks Casino Towers are available at the 24 hour reception to help make your family as comfortable as possible.
The hotel offers one or two bedroom apartments, each with a full kitchen, laundry and living area, making it a spacious option for families.
From the generous sized deck, you can sip on a coffee as you plan your day’s adventures: will it be a ferry ride, a show, some shopping, a swim at South Bank or some crafty activities at the Gallery of Modern Art?
Kids will love the hotel’s glass-walled pool and heated spa that overlooks the Brisbane River and picturesque South Bank precinct. And parents will love the daily housekeeping service and fully equipped gymnasium.
Importantly, the hotel’s apartments are immaculately clean, stylishly designed, secure, and quiet, meaning your stay will be restful and comfortable.
Rising over 39 levels, the hotel has the best vantage point in Brisbane for watching the regular fireworks displays along the river – but be sure to book early for the annual Riverfire event!
After a busy day of sightseeing, you can relax on the deck and watch the sinking sun set, shortly followed by the twinkle of the sparkling city lights. Aaaah… Give me Brisbane any day!
Things for families to do on holidays in Brisbane
There’s so much for families to do in Brisbane’s CBD that you’ll need to stay at least a few nights to see it all! Here’s some inspiration for your holiday itinerary:
- Catch a show at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC). Currently, The Sound of Music is playing at the Lyric Theatre – an uplifting musical for young and old, with catchy tunes the whole family can sing along to.
- Snag a bargain at the South Bank markets on a Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday.
- Take a ride on an iconic CityCat across the Brisbane River to beautiful New Farm Park. After the kids’ have worn themselves out on the expansive playground, return the same way.
- Ride a bike or skate along the riverfront pathways at sunset. For the more adventurous, a sunset climb over the Story Bridge is a memorable experience.
- Rock climb or abseil the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, or take a picnic to enjoy at the foot of the cliffs.
- Barbecue at South Bank and cool off at Streets Beach or the Aquativity Water Park. There’s also a brand new adventure playground at South Bank for kids who love to climb.
- Step back in time at the Queensland Museum and learn about dinosaurs, local history and Australia’s indigenous heritage.
- Be amazed at the Science Centre, and be sure to check out one of their educational, fun and interactive shows.
- Visit the State Library of Queensland, which offers free activities for children of all ages, including The Corner.
- Get arty and crafty at the Gallery of Modern Art or the Queensland Art Gallery – both galleries welcome children and offer a variety of free activities for kids.
- Stroll through the Botanic Gardens, check out the all-abilities playground and watch the ducks wade around the pond.
- Eat your way around the city – there’s every cuisine you could hope for, even a 24 hour Pancake restaurant!
Oaks Casino Towers is located at 151 George Street, Brisbane. To book your staycation, phone 1300 663 347 or visit www.oakshotels.com.