Neurum Creek Bush Retreat | Family Friendly Camping THE REVIEW
Camping in Neurum
Neurum Creek is a privately owned campsite just north of Woodford. It is very easy to find and only about one hour and 20 minutes’ drive from Brisbane. Travelling north on the Bruce Highway from Brisbane, take the Woodford/Kilcoy exit. On the outskirts of Woodford and just after the shops, you will need to turn left and continue along this road for several kilometres. From here, follow the signs for Neurum Creek Bush Retreat; about 20 minutes outside of Woodford.
We booked our campsite online. At the time we stayed, there was a $7.00 one-off site fee. Adults were charged $15.50, kids $8.00 and dogs $3.00 per night during peak-season, with slightly cheaper rates in mid-season and cheaper again in off-season. Power is charged at $8.00 per night.
On arrival we checked in at the office. Here we were provided with a map that was clearly marked with our campsite location. After setting up our camp, we took the dogs for a walk to the creek. We spent most of our time swimming and exploring the creek with the dogs. There is plenty of wildlife, including birds and lizards to look at.
Throughout the school holidays, there is a movie shown in the shelter shed each afternoon, with some chairs provided or you can take your own. Hitching posts for dogs are located at the amenities blocks, the shelter shed, the office and under the big fig tree. Several times a year, a local winery hosts wine tasting under the fig tree. The camp holds a kids’ disco many times throughout the year on a Saturday from 7pm to 9pm. Disco nights include an intermission, with cordial and packets of chips provided for all the kids.
Neurum Creek Bush Retreat holds several different events annually, including a camp oven cook-off and a country music festival in August. The music festival was a lot of fun when we went last year, with scone making demonstrations and billy tea. Generally, the retreat also holds an annual pie bake-off on the Australia Day weekend each year. We find Neurum Creek Bush Retreat to be one of the most family friendly natural bush camping places around and it’s one of our favourite places to camp.
Facilities at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat
- Fire pits
- Rubbish bins
- A small shop that opens for a couple of hours each day, where you can get the basics such as an ice cream, paper or more ice.
- You can buy firewood or bring your own
- Pets are welcome
Activities to enjoy at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat
- Bushwalking on several tracks, including the Stoney Creek Track
- Relaxing around a camp fire
- Swimming or kayaking (byo) in the creek
- 4WD tracks located outside the camp ground
- Kids love being able to ride their bikes through the campground or at the BMX bike track
How to make the most of your stay at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat
- Bring everything with you
- There is no camp kitchen, so bring your own cooking equipment
- BYO drinking water
- You can rent some camping equipment if needed and have it set up for your arrival.
- When booking, look at the events section on the website to see what is on during your stay or to plan around a particular event such as the music festival.
Neurum Creek Bush Retreat is located at 268 Rasmussen Road in Neurum. You can find more information on Neurum Creek Bush Retreat here – http://www.ncbr.com.au/
Thanks to Jacinta for this camp site review!
If you enjoyed this review, please take a look at the Brisbane Kids list of Your Favourite Camping Spots for lots more recommended family camp locations to explore, like Inskip Point Recreation Area at Inskip. We will be adding many more campsite reviews coming to the website in the very near future.
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!