Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat | Family Friendly Camping THE REVIEW
Camping at Mt Barney
Mt Barney Lodge is only 90 minutes’ drive from Brisbane, near Rathdowney in the Scenic Rim. It is an award-winning Queensland ecotourism destination. We have been camping there for 13 years and love the location.
Innes and Tracey Larkin are wonderful hosts who run an outdoor program for those wanting some action on their holiday. During school holidays they also offer a kids’ adventure holiday program, with accredited outdoor leaders.
There is great bushwalking nearby in Mt Barney National Park, with Lower Portals being a good walk for the family to do also. Alternatively, you can just sit back and relax by the running creek with a good book. The area offers several swimming holes nearby to cool off when it is warm. Nearby, local businesses offer good coffee and local fare if you are willing to drive.
We have many wonderful memories of Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat and always look forward to our camping trip at Easter time each year with the many friends we have met over the years. It is very popular during long weekends and therefore it is advisable to book early to secure your spot.
Facilities at Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat
- Accommodation options –
- Rustic cabins
- Caravan, camper trailer and tent sites with creek frontage and SPECTACULAR mountain views
- Well maintained toilet/shower block with fresh flowers every day
- No pets allowed as it is a “Land for Wildlife” property, which is involved in conservation and the encouragement of local wildlife to prosper around the lodge.
- Basic provisions, including bread, milk and ice, are sold at the office
- Firewood is sold onsite
- A great place for the kids to ride their bikes
Activities to enjoy at Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat
- Exploring the Scenic Rim area
- Swimming in the creek
- Maroon dam is nearby for fishing, boating, kayaking etc.
- Mountain bike riding
- Tour local wineries
- Boonah is a beautiful country town nearby to explore
How to make the most of your stay at Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat
- No phone coverage, so you really do get away from it all
- Limited food supplies nearby, so bring all your food
- Bread, milk, ice and wood available at the office
Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat is located at 1093 Upper Logan Road in Mount Barney. You can find more information on Mt Barney Lodge Country Retreat here.
Thanks to Michelle for this camp site review!
Take a look at the Brisbane Kids list of Your Favourite Camping Spots for lots more recommended family camp locations to explore, like Girraween National Park in Girraween. We will be adding many more campsite reviews coming to the website in the very near future.
Follow Us On Instagram
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!