Movie World’s White Christmas – A magical evening for Brisbane Kids
Tiny mouths gaping open in wonder, little legs jumping up and down with excitement and choruses of “ooh” and “aah” are some of the best memories you’ll take away from Warner Bros. Movie World’s White Christmas.
Brisbane Kids got a sneak peak at this year’s event which transforms the theme park into a winter wonderland of (artificial) snow covered streets, enchanting Christmas lights and merry entertainment!
What to expect at Movie World’s White Christmas
The event begins at 5.30pm and is bursting with colour, excitement (and noise!) from the very beginning. The event is centred around Main Street where there are Christmas movies playing, street entertainers and snow (soap bubbles) falling to create an amazing atmosphere. At 7.00pm, also in Main Street, the Christmas lights are officially turned on, and with the falling “snow” and “mist”, it really does look magical.
At 8.00pm the highlight of the event, the Christmas Float Parade, begins. This is nothing short of spectacular. The elaborate themed floats, singers, dancers and of course Santa and Mrs Claus are breathtaking. You won’t know whether to watch the dazzling parade or the look of sheer delight on your Brisbane Kids’ faces. However, if parades are not your thing, you can use this time to visit the other rides and attractions without the crowds! See below for a preview gallery of this year’s floats.
Tips for getting the most out of Movie World’s White Christmas
The event runs for three hours (5.30pm – 8.30pm) and there is a lot to experience in that time. To ensure your family gets maximum value from your tickets, here are our tips:
- Pack raincoats or umbrellas in the event of wet weather as Main Street is the only undercover area and December is often wet!
- Skip the official turning on of the lights to maximise your time experiencing the other rides and attractions. You will still get to see the pretty lights when you return for the parade.
- Sensitive children may find the loud noise, larger than life characters and constant activity overwhelming – pack ear plugs to help calm them and stand further back from the action.
- This event is very popular so expect to line up for rides and get in early for a good viewing spot of the parade.
- There are plenty of food and drink options dotted around Movie World, including a White Christmas buffet at Rick’s Cafe. Alternatively, eat before you go to save time queuing for food and allow more time for making memories!
- Only a selection of Movie World’s rides and attractions are open during White Christmas, so check first to ensure you’re not disappointed. Our picks are the Junior Driving School, Kids’ WB! Fun Zone, JUSTICE LEAGUE 3D – The Ride, GREEN LANTERN Coaster, SUPERMAN Escape, BATWING Spaceshot and SCOOBY-DOO Coaster. You can also have your photo taken with Santa.
- Pack pyjamas for the kids – it’s a late night for little ones and they are bound to fall asleep on the way home – maybe even before you’ve left the car park!
Movie World’s White Christmas tickets
It is recommended to buy tickets for this event well in advance as it is a popular festive event. Everyone will require a ticket including infants & children aged 0-2 years , which is complimentary, and can be added to any order with other tickets being purchased. Gold and Platinum VIP Magic Pass holders can redeem one FREE entry to White Christmas, but bookings are essential. Tickets will sell fast so book or redeem your tickets online. Warner Brothers Movie World is located on the Pacific Motorway at Oxenford on the Gold Coast.
Discover the magic of Warner Bros. Movie World’s White Christmas in our video review