Logan Gardens Water Park
Escape the heat and head to Logan Gardens Water Park for a day of free water play. Logan Gardens Water Park offers an interactive water play environment that is accessible to people of all ages and abilities. This impressive water play space cost more than $3 million dollars, providing a spectacular, free recreational destination for Brisbane families.
The site for the Logan Gardens waterpark is adjacent to the exciting adventure playground known at the Logan Gardens Adventure Playground.
Features of Logan Gardens Water Park
Logan Gardens Water Park features a level splash pad area that provides access for all with 4 water play zones – a huge water bucket with pond, a totem spray forest, a pop jet plaza and a raised water table.
There are water jets, waterfalls, mist sprayers, bubblers, and fountains to entertain both the bravest and most wary Brisbane Kids. There are also preprogrammed lights in the pop jet plaza section that create subtle interest during the day but would make for a spectacular evening show.
Shade sails providing ample shade for Brisbane Kids on sunny days, and a concrete surface coated with textured non-slip paint underfoot to reduce slip risk.
Accessibility has been further considered in the design with the interactive water table that provides wheelchair access as well as toddler play.
The water park covers a large area but is still easily supervised and will no doubt prove to be a welcome respite on hot days and evenings. Parents can keep a watchful eye on their Brisbane Kids from the seating surrounding the water play park. The shaded platforms make perfect spots for a picnic or family gathering.
For families that want to make the most of the location, the adjoining playground, electric barbeques, picnic facilities, lawns, and toilets have made this possible. This would be an ideal park space for a birthday party (you could also look at Flagstone Water Park as another option).
The large car park and the Logan Gardens are also adjacent to a large police station, providing security and also perfect for those Brisbane Kids with an interest in Emergency Services. The best part is this facility is absolutely free for families to use making this a popular go-to destination on the South Side of Brisbane.
Logan Gardens Water Park at a glance
- Toilets available
- Parking onsite but fills up quickly on weekends and school holidays
- Shade sails, seating, lawn picnic spaces, and additional shade areas
- The ground has a ‘Tuff Coat’ finish; a state of the art, non-slip, durable coating which is capable of withstanding a waterplay environment.
- 4 water play zones
- Ground-plane for waterplay (0 water depth)
- A 50 – 75mm deep wading space
- Concrete water table
- 20 ancillary jets and ground sprays
- A stainless steel siphon system discharge bucket
- Sits alongside an adventure playground
- 1400 metre walking path
- Basketball courts
- Fenced dog park nearby
- Pick up a drive-through coffee on the way
Tips to make the most of your visit
- Pack plenty of water because water play is surprisingly thirsty business.
- Suncream is a must even with the shade sails.
- While the ground has a non-slip surface, early walkers might benefit from wearing wet shoes or sandals.
- There are lots of seating areas but if you are planning a family gathering or birthday party you might like to get there early to reserve a spot or bring your own setup.
7:30am until 7:30pm from October 1st until April 1st.
8:30am until 6:30pm from April 2nd until September 30th.
Location: Logan Gardens Water Park is located at 12 Civic Parade, Logan Central QLD 4114 (see a map below the gallery for the exact location)