Laser Beak Man
Laser Beak Man, the Brisbane-born hero, is back in 2019.
Without a doubt, Laser Beak Man will be one of the most popular shows for Brisbane Kids this year as he returns to save the day! For years, Laser Beak Man worked hard to keep Power City clean, pure and flawless, making it the most beautiful city in the world. Unfortunately, the city isn’t as beautiful as it once was and Laser Beak Man has lost his motivation to keep the city in its impeccable condition. However, when Laser Beak Man’s old childhood friends, Peter Bartman and Evil Emily return to steal the Magna Crystals that give him his powers, Laser Beak Man has one last chance to save Power City and his oldest buddies before they obliterate everything. The only problem is – how will he save the city when he is robbed of his super powers? Only the audience will learn how Laser Beak Man is able to save Power City and the day once again!
Described by the The Courier Mail as “A visual spectacular… a killer soundtrack“, Laser Beak Man is set to wow audiences with original music composed and performed live by Sam Cromack and his band, along with amazing puppets, cutting edge digital imagery, spectacular free-flying AirOrbs and, of course, the trademark visual puns Laser Beak creator, Tim Sharp, has become famous for. The show has also been credited as being “visually splendid, highly entertaining and ultimately moving“, for the way in which Laser Beak Man brings up contemporary issues such as caring for and protecting the planet in a totally awesome and cool way that resonates with kids of all ages.
Presented by QPAC, this fun and creative show is a must-see for any Brisbane family during the September/October school holidays.
Laser Beak Man show details
- This engaging show for kids is happening on Wednesday 2 October at 11am and 2pm; Thursday 3 October at 11am and 6.30pm; and Friday 4 & Saturday 5 October at 1pm and 7pm.
- The 11am performance on Thursday 3 October will be a ‘Relaxed Performance’, with a pre-show briefing from 10:15am. This performance will feature a relaxed attitude to noise; and lights, while dimmed, will remain on throughout. Relaxed Performances are for everyone, and are particularly suitable for audiences with disabilities, including autism spectrum conditions, sensory communication or learning disabilities.
- There will be a post-show Q & A with the artists following the 7pm performance on Friday 4 October.
- The show is 80 minutes in duration and does not include an interval.
- Tickets cost $59 for adults and $49 for concessions (pension and senior card holders, children and full-time students), with an additional transaction fee of $7.20 per transaction.
Who is Laser Beak Man?
Laser Beak Man is a superhero created by Australian artist Tim Sharp. Tim, who is autistic, has won fans all over the world with his colourful and creative original artwork and quirky sense of humour which he has applied to his Laser Beak Man stories. Laser Beak Man was turned into an animated TV series, making Tim the first autistic person to have their artworks turned into a TV show, and now, thanks to Dead Puppet Society, Laser Beak Man has come to life on stage for everyone to enjoy!
Before you go
- The Playhouse is located at QPAC, Russell Street, South Brisbane.
- There is paid parking available at QPAC, South Bank and The Queensland Museum, including accessible parking.
- Aim to get there 30-40 minutes before the show starts.
- There are food outlets onsite where you can purchase drinks, ice-creams, snacks, hot and cold food.
- You can access QPAC by train (just hop off at South Brisbane Station and walk across the road), by bus and CityCat.
- QPAC is within walking distance of South Bank, with playgrounds and green spaces suitable for Brisbane Kids to play before and or after the performance.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW! BOOK YOUR TICKETS HERE.