Jindalee Park in Jindalee
Jindalee Park is a small park with a great fort structure over multiple levels and lots of grass for running. It’s the perfect after school playground on a sunny day!
Jindalee Park – The Fun
Jindalee Park’s multi-level playground is great for primary school-aged Brisbane Kids, with slides, fireman’s pole, swings and bridges to navigate. Steps connect the three levels of the play area, with bridges joining the forts. There are many points of entry to the forts.
It’s all up to the imagination of your child at Jindalee Park – it’s a clean slate waiting for them! Games of tiggy or hide and seek around the playground or in the field adjacent are great starting points. Just a few metres from the playground there is a stand of trees that lend themselves to a cubby or climbing.
There is no specific special needs equipment at this Jindalee Park, however parts of the fort are accessible. There are stairs and uneven ground to access all areas, except the water tap and adjacent seats, so it is not recommended for wheelchair-bound people who want to play. The park has a shelter with table and electric BBQ. There are no toilet facilities in this park.
Jindalee Park – The Facts
- Unfenced playground
- Shade sails over some playground equipment
- Bark and soft fall rubber base
- Climbing fort with bridges and ladders
- Fireman’s pole
- Plastic tube slide and open slides
- Swing and infant swing (accessed by stairs or steep, grassy hill)
- Huge grass field, with stands of trees
- Retaining walls and drop-offs around the play area have some barrier fencing, but could still be a falling hazard for very small/unsteady children
- Bench seating
- Shelter with table and electric BBQ
- Drinking taps
- Rubbish bin
- Street parking on Burrendah Road (can get busy at school drop-off and pick-up times)
- Closest coffee shop/café on Sinnamon Road, opposite bowls club
Another great Brisbane Playground nearby is Sumners Road Park.
Jindalee Park is located on Burrendah Road in Jindalee.