Holidays In Brisbane With Kids
Brisbane Kids believes that holidays in Brisbane with kids should be fun and full of rich memories which is why you will find lots of ideas on how to make the most of the downtime you have with your children. From school holiday ideas, holiday ideas in Brisbane and holiday ideas throughout Australia and overseas, there really is no limit to making the most of the precious time you have with your kids.
On this page you will find links to school holiday ideas including general activities, travel holiday ideas and what to do if you are a visitor spending time on holidays in Brisbane with kids.
School holidays in Brisbane happen 4 times a year. Depending on the type of school your kids attend (private or state) will determine how long these are but all kids get holidays over Christmas, Easter, June/July and September. Each holiday break happens in a different season and as such, there is the opportunity to enjoy different aspect of Brisbane with the different school holidays.
Find out all the free school holiday activities happening in Brisbane
Brisbane September holiday activities
Brisbane Summer holiday activities
Brisbane Easter holiday activities
Brisbane June/July holidays activities
School holiday day camps in Brisbane that offer everything from sports to outdoor fun and activities.
Holiday Activity Ideas in Brisbane
Brisbane is literally full of fun ideas and free ideas to keep kids busy for the entire school break. The Brisbane Kids website is filled with playgrounds, waterplay destinations, bushwalking and more to make the most of your time off with your kids or if you happen to be visiting Brisbane with kids.
School Holiday Camping
School holiday camping in Brisbane because you really don’t need to travel far to camp with kids which means you can just head off for a day or two plus the best places to go camping near Brisbane and 5 of the most popular places to stay around Brisbane when you just want to getaway for a weekend and enjoy the great outdoors. We recently wrote a post on camping hacks in case you wanted some quick ideas on how to make camping easier and we have some popular Brisbane fishing spots earmarked by Facebook followers
Maleny Dairy Farm Tours are a great way to show the kids a working farm and also gives you the chance to take a scenic drive through Montville and Maleny. If you search on our website using these two places you will find waterfalls and bushwalks to make the most of your time up in the hills. If you really want the country experience then you will appreciate our list of farm stays with our most popular being Tommerup Dairy Farm, Hosanna Farm Stay and Gap Creek Farm Stay.
While the Brisbane Kids website is full of fun ideas (see the menu) that don’t cost any money, theme parks are still a popular choice for many families.
You will also want to check out the Sunshine Coast theme parks if you plan to head up the coast.
Places to travel and stay with kids
- Fraser Island with kids is an adventure that you will remember for a lifetime. Take or hire a 4wd, or go on an organised tour. Read our kids at Fraser Island review and do your research before you go. Fraser Island is wild beautiful country. It takes about 8 hours from Brisbane to get to Fraser Island up the coast.
- Tangalooma Island Resort is literally a day trip option from Brisbane (find out how to get there here) but is worth a week lounge around with numerous activities and fun ideas for families including wild dolphin feeding, water sports, water-based tours, snorkeling wrecks, desert safaris and tobogganing. Tangalooma Island Resort has lots of different options for accommodation and if you still aren’t sure then read the personal review of Tangalooma our editor wrote after going to stay there.
- If you want to head to the Sunshine Coast for a weekend away that is child friendly consider Oaks Oasis Resort. One of our writers wrote a review of Oaks Oasis Resort and rates it as one of the most child friendly resorts in South East Queensland and also collected a bucket list of 10 things you can to at Oaks Oasis Resort Sunshine Coast.
- Bundaberg is further north from the Sunshine Coast and if you head that way make sure you read our 10 things to do with kids in Bundaberg.
- Another island popular with families off the Queensland Coast is Hamilton Island and we also curated things to do with kids in Hamilton Island which will give you an idea of what it is all about.
- Just a stones through from Brisbane in the Gold Coast Hinterland you can find Binna Burra and Lamington National Park. The roads are precarious in points and with steep inclines you will want to ensure you have a car in good working order. When you get there you will be rewarded with the rainforests that give Queensland such a wonderful reputation for bio diversity.
- We also have a helpful list of 30 places to stay across Queensland that have a reputation for being family friendly.
- If you are thinking of adding Dubai to your bucket list in the future we recommend you read Best beaches and water parks in Dubai Hot air ballooning in Dubai Things to do at Dubai mall Things to do with kids in Dubai