High Ropes Adventure Course Sunshine Coast | Media Release
Sunshine Coast, 23 November 2017: Sunshine Plaza today announced it has lodged a development application with Sunshine Coast Council for a high ropes course as part of the $400 million redevelopment currently underway.
On completion, Sunshine Plaza will be home to the first and largest high ropes course at a major regional shopping centre in the country, incorporating a 21-metre-high viewing deck and ten zip lines with the longest one at 130 metres across Cornmeal Creek
Sunshine Plaza High Ropes Course Facts
– Over 150 challenges on seven courses
– 1, 2, or 3-hour rope experience options
– can cater to a maximum of 600 customers a day
– 10 x Zip Lines across Cornmeal Creek
– 21 metres high viewing deck on Tower One located along on the new Cornmeal promenade (with two additional towers on the Woolworths side of creek)
– The transition between the towers across the creek will be via a flying fox
– Utilises safe continuous belay system –
– Fun for the entire family – young and young at heart. (participants will be from ages 6 -75 catering for a broad proportion of the community)
Visit Sunshine Coast’s Chief Executive Officer, Simon Latchford said the high ropes addition embraced the Coast’s adventurous spirit along with its love for the outdoors and nature.
“This exciting addition will further enhance the Sunshine Coast’s tourism offer and provide a long-term boost to the local economy,” Mr Latchford said.
Adventure high ropes specialist, Trees Adventure will design and operate one of the first ever shopping centre high ropes courses in Australia. The unique design will capture Cornmeal Creek’s natural beauty and have a strong visual connection to the new Cornmeal Creek casual dining precinct. The course will include easily changeable and sustainable challenges with minimal ongoing environmental impacts.
Commencing its expansion in late 2016, the $400 million redevelopment of Sunshine Plaza will see the centre expand from 73,000 square metres to over 107,000 square metres becoming the largest retail centre north of Brisbane. The centre will house an enhanced retail mix with the region’s first David Jones department store, a new BIG W, a refurbished Myer, and over 100 new specialty stores.
About Trees Adventure
Trees Adventure is Australia’s premier tree top adventure ropes experience. With six parks around Australia feature exciting and challenging obstacle courses high up in the tree canopy, that will have all the family swinging, leaping, climbing and flying through the forest. Utilising state of the art carabiner safety system, Trees Adventure is proud to be one of the first adventure parks in the world to incorporate this technology.