Why you should book a tour of The Wesley Hospital Maternity Services
One of the biggest decisions you will make during pregnancy is where to give birth. You want to find a Brisbane hospital where you can trust that you will get the best possible care for you and your baby. You want to be supported with the best possible facilities and surrounded by the best medical professionals. Luckily, here in Brisbane, you have access to such facilities at The Wesley Hospital’s Maternity Unit in Auchenflower.
Maternity tours at The Wesley Hospital
The first step in making sure The Wesley Hospital is the perfect choice for your maternity care is to attend one of the informative, weekend tours of the maternity services.
Tours of Wesley Maternity will give you the opportunity to get an inside look at the facilities, including the birthing suites, theatre (if desired), and the accommodation and care that you will experience during your stay.
The tour will also give you the time to discuss what you can expect at Wesley Maternity Unit with an experienced midwife who will lead the tour. This is the perfect time to ask for detailed information about their antenatal, birthing and postnatal care. You can book a tour by calling (07) 3232 7432 (more details are provided at the end of this article).
What makes the Wesley Maternity Unit special?
Having a child is one of the most rewarding, challenging, special, worrying, life-changing and amazing experiences anyone can go through, which is why it is so important to make sure that you are in the best hands possible.
At the Wesley Maternity Unit, they know how special it is to bring a baby into the world, so they do everything they can to make sure you feel comfortable and confident and to support and guide you throughout your pregnancy, childbirth and after-birth care through their team of highly qualified experts.
Wesley Maternity caters to both natural and caesarean births, and has all of the latest technology and facilities on hand to ensure that your birth goes as smoothly as possible. The Wesley Hospital also offers more than 30 speciality areas, ensuring that you have access to multi-disciplinary teams should you or your baby require any special attention.
Major highlights of Wesley Maternity
While every mum-to-be will have different expectations and requirements for their choice of birth place, we think there are a few major factors that every expectant parent cares strongly about. These include the quality of the services and facilities, where they will give birth, where they will stay after the birth (even down to the food that can be expected!), and the support they will receive throughout the whole experience. With this in mind, we hope this will give you a glimpse of the main highlights of Wesley Maternity:
- The Wesley Maternity team comprises highly qualified midwives and obstetricians. As part of The Wesley Hospital, you will have access to the comprehensive range of services including paediatricians, physiotherapists, lactation consultants and other health professionals.
- The hospital features the latest technology and facilities, all conveniently located on hand.
- There is a fully equipped operating theatre, intensive care unit and Special Care Nursery to deal with any emergencies or complications.
- A full range of imaging services is conveniently available onsite at Wesley Medical Imaging.
- There is a complementary Pre-admission Midwives Clinic for all maternity patients to gain key information and discuss your plans.
- There is a full range of support for parents, from the Parents-to-be Program antenatal classes and extended breastfeeding class before the birth, to the after-birth lactation clinic and home visiting service for support during the initial weeks at home with your baby.
- The birthing suites are spacious, with ensuite facilities featuring dual flexible shower heads. There is advanced foetal monitoring support, TV, Wi-Fi and phone, multi-functional birthing beds, and extras like fit balls and bean bags, dimmable lighting and access to kitchen facilities.
- The maternity rooms are comfortable and welcoming, with their own private ensuite facilities. There’s Wi-Fi, direct dial telephone, TV, a wardrobe and bedside locker, and even a fridge. What we love most is that partners are also welcome to stay overnight
- The food is delicious and there are gluten free, halal, kosher and vegetarian options available, as well as access to a dietary consult if needed.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available 24 hours a day.
- Partner meals can also be arranged. There is a restaurant on the same level and several coffee shops within the facility.
- For your security, The Wesley Hospital has 24-hour video surveillance, and Wesley Maternity also has video phone access during rest periods and after hours for your peace of mind.
Booking a tour of Wesley Maternity
Maternity tours at Wesley Maternity are held on Saturday and Sunday at 3pm. The tours last approximately 30 minutes. The tours are dependent on room availability, so it is important to book in advance by calling (07) 3232 7432.
These tours are also included as part of the comprehensive antenatal Parents-to-be Program. To book your place in the program, you can call (07) 3232 7316. We are advised that places fill up quickly, so it is worth booking early in your pregnancy to make sure you get a spot.
Wesley Maternity is a very special place in which to welcome your child into the world. For more information on Wesley Maternity, visit wesley.com.au/maternity
The information in this article was provided by the Wesley Hospital who sponsored this article and its content.