Gluten Free Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
This recipe makes 6 jumbo gluten free pumpkin and feta muffins.
Enjoy them with gluten free garlic aioli or mayonnaise.
Gluten Free Pumpkin and Feta Muffin Ingredients:
- 300g diced pumpkin
- 2 tbsp oil
- 50g diced feta
- 40g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 20g grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 175ml milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
How to make Gluten Free Pumpkin and Feta Muffins:
- Toss pumpkin in olive oil, salt and pepper and then bake in an oven preheated to 200°C. Bake for 25 minutes until soft and then transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl add: feta, spinach, parsley, sunflower seeds, parmesan and mustard. Combine with the pumpkin.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cayenne into the mixture, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold the mixture to combine all the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200°C.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Many thanks to Coeliac Queensland for this gluten free recipe.