Farm Stays near Brisbane | Recommended
Farm Stays near Brisbane
Farm stays are becoming increasingly popular as an ideal getaway for Brisbane Families who want to get out of the city and show their Brisbane Kids what rural life is all about. We wanted to make sure we got a good range of places, with some real reviews, so we asked Brisbane parents on the Brisbane Facebook Page what they thought…
This is list is not exhaustive and we will add to it as we receive more information- click on the links- if we have a review it will be there, or else we will refer you to the respective websites. Our advice is to ask lots of questions when you are trying to find the right farm stay for you.
- Look for testimonials on their website
- Head to their gallery (if they have one) so you can see pictures of what to expect, or head to their social media to do the same
- Ask what activities are included in the price
- Find out if meals are included
- Ask about the best time of year for baby animals
- Enquire about things to do near the farm stay in the event that it rains or you want a change of pace
- Find out how long it will take to get there
Please add any recommendations you have to the comments field under this article.
Rural Getaways for Families
- Bestbrook Mountain Resort camping, bunkhouse, or cabin stays in Maryvale QLD, just outside of Warwick (this side of the mountain). Cold in the winter, but still fabulous. Weekend and holiday programs for families include feeding the baby animals, horse riding, boomerang throwing, milking the cows, butter churning, whip cracking, billy tea and damper, and heaps more. Make sure you go on the wagon ride! Bar and restaurant on site.
- Bunyip Springs Farmstay in Maidenwell QLD. 15 mins from the Bunya Mountains. Accommodation includes cottages and units. Great weekend away two hours from Brisbane. Activities include feeding the ducks and hens and gathering the eggs, milking the house cows, feeding and patting the calves and horses, feeding fresh milk to the farm dogs and cats, bush walks, the natural springs, horse riding (on request), and more.
- Cedar Glen Farmstay in Darlington QLD, and adjacent to Lamington National Park, comes highly recommended. It’s also within easy reach of Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Accommodation includes the homestead or cottages. At Cedar Glen you can enjoy milking cows, horse riding, boomerang throwing, pony rides, pig feeding, and more. The location is also surrounded by picturesque landscapes and gorgeous creeks.
- Hosanna Farmstay at Stokers Siding NSW combines the best of both worlds, with an interactive farm experience as well as lovely, clean hot showers! Accommodation includes cabins, huts and campsites. It also has a great swimming hole and facilities. Hosanna is a 100-acre family and dog-friendly farmstay offering activities such as milking the cows, playing in the creek, using the mud kitchens, playing around in the fort, making bush cubbies, and playing on the various swings. At night you can adventure down the road to the 500m long glow worm tunnel, relax in the wood fired sauna over the dam, or just sit back and enjoy some quiet time around the campfire.
- Clandulla Cottages in Boyland QLD, near Tamborine Mountain offers suite and cottage accommodation. At Clandulla you can feed the farm animals twice a day, pet kangaroos, play a game of billiards or tennis, explore the nearby attractions of the Scenic Rim, or just relax and read a book under the shade of the Abbott tree. There are also lots of outdoor toys and a sandpit for kids, and the whole homestead is fenced off so kids can’t get out!
- Wittacork Dairy Cottages in Maleny QLD is a working dairy farm that overlooks Lake Baroon. Situated next to a rainforest, accommodation includes cottages and the farmhouse. At Wittacork Dairy Cottages you can watch the cows being milked and feed the calves, pigs and goats, feed the chickens and collect their eggs, bottle feed the baby animals, or even enjoy a pony ride (must be booked). There are walks you can take around the farm, including a steep walk to Lake Baroon, rainforest walks, and a mapped farm walk.
- Paradise Country Farmstay is located in Oxenford QLD, with accommodation including eco tents, onsite tents, and caravan and camping sites. Enjoy egg collecting, animal feeding and cow milking in the mornings, and at sunset relax on the hill for games on the lawn, wine tasting, a visit from some of the farm animals, and roasting marshmallows around the campfire.
If you think we should have a farm stay on the Brisbane Kids website that isn’t listed please post in comments below!