Faraway Competition – Seeking illustrations from 7-18 year olds
Inviting all young illustrators and artists! The Faraway Competition is open to all Australian young people aged 7 to 18. Illustrations need to be A5, ink on white paper, and respond to the theme ‘faraway’.
Top prize is a $250 voucher towards Creative Write-it workshops, including their online mentorships. Winners will also be published in the Faraway anthology and will receive their own copy!
About the Faraway Competition
The top prize in each category and each age group is a $250 voucher towards any Creative Write-it course, including online mentorships (valued at $250 per term). There are nine $250 vouchers to be won across the three categories and age groups, nine $100 vouchers, and nine $50 vouchers.
The competition will be judged by internationally renowned short story writer, poet and playwright Angela Costi, and widely-exhibited illustrator and artist Margaret Krajnc.
- Short Stories — up to 500 words
- Poetry — up to 20 lines
- Illustrations — ink on white paper, A5 size
Faraway Competition Age groups
- 7–9 year olds
- 10–13 year olds
- 14–18 year olds
Prizes (for each age group)
- 1st: $250 voucher to Creative Write-it products and services
- 2nd: $100 voucher to Creative Write-it products and services
- 3rd: $50 voucher to Creative Write-it products and services
- all winners will be published in the Faraway anthology
- 1 free copy of the Faraway anthology for prizewinners
- certificate for all winners and runners-up
Submissions are due 26 August 2016. A $7 fee per entry is payable upon submission via the website. Entries will be judged on the quality of work and relevance to the theme of ‘faraway’.
Creative Write-it is a studio in Melbourne dedicated to inspiring and encouraging young people. Since 2011, they have been working with children and young people at their studio and local schools, as well as through their online mentorships.