Unique School Holiday Art & Craft Workshops
Looking for something unique and FUN for the kids these holidays? [email protected] Holiday Workshops have a great range of thought-provoking, artist-led, small-group sessions of ‘art and craft with heart’. Most sessions work with recycled materials and all are influenced by artwork within Adderton. There is something for children and teens, grandparents and grandchildren.
Everyone is welcome at the [email protected] school holiday activities. There is a mix of free and low-cost expertly guided and self-directed activities of ‘art and craft with heart’. Boys and Girls from aged 5 through to and including teens enjoy creating at their leisure in a peaceful and fun environment.
There is always something free and fun to do in Mini Mercy, Adderton’s dedicated children’s space. All Kids visiting Adderton can join Fruit Salad’s adventure and explore Adderton with their own free activity guidebook, ‘Fruit Salad, the adventurous tales of a Convent Cat’. Kids will love exploring Adderton and discovering how to make a difference with Fruit Salad guiding the way in this beautifully illustrated book.
You can book here > https://adderton.org.au/whats-on/kidsadderton/
What to expect at [email protected] Holiday Activities
- A warm welcome – Adderton: house & heart of mercy is inclusive and accessible for all. Enjoy a fresh coffee from The Good Cup in the courtyard.
- Safe Environment – All Adderton staff and workshop facilitators have Blue Cards. Parents/ Carers remain with children under 12 while at Adderton.
- Inspiration – Be inspired by 10 different gallery spaces with contemporary artworks and sweeping views of the Story Bridge from the historic, All Hallows’ Convent. • Engagement – Children love the vibrant Mini Mercy space and deeply engage in thought-provoking art & craft activities with a social justice theme
- Learn from experts – Many of the activities are facilitated by Artists, self-directed activities designed by children’s educators
- Connection – With inter-generational workshops and parent/ carer participation encouraged, [email protected] offers a great opportunity for connection, engagement and meaningful discussion about current world social issues
- Reflection & Creativity – Small, guided group sessions, allowing children time to reflect, consider and create at their own pace, in a relaxed, friendly and fun environment.
‘The Adderton Workshops are brilliant, keep it up!‘ – Simone
‘Fantastic kids activity, reminded me of one I went to overseas, so happy to find a heritage space with galleries and children’s activities in Brisbane‘ – Vivian
‘This is absolutely mind-blowing, incredible how good the space is‘ – John