Tree Kids Yoga in West End
In an often busy and stressful world, Tree Kids Yoga helps children slow down and connect with their mind and body. Yoga for kids is fun, challenging, and of course relaxing. Led by a qualified teacher, weekly classes are held in West End for children, teens and families.
What does Tree Kids Yoga offer?
- Yoga and mindfulness classes for kids, teens and families (group or private classes available)
- Small class sizes where your child’s individuality will be appreciated and nurtured
- A warm and fun environment where you and your child will feel valued
- Carefully planned classes that involve the physical aspects of yoga as well as mindful breathing and meditation
- Classes led by a Bachelor trained Early Childhood Teacher and registered Children’s Yoga Teacher
What benefits can children and teens gain from yoga classes?
- Physical strength, co-ordination and balance
- Increased focus and concentration
- Confidence and self-esteem
- A deeper understanding of their emotions
- Empathy and compassion for themselves and others
- Tools to cope with stress and anxiety
Classes are adapted for each age group, as Tree Kids Yoga understands their needs and interests are different
- Classes for Juniors include dancing, singing and yoga stories
- Primary school aged classes include more formal yoga but also incorporate fun activities such as games and partner yoga
- Classes for teens challenge students to master different poses and engage more deeply in yoga and meditation
- Family yoga focuses on connecting parents and children together and strengthening relationships
Why the name Tree Kids?
The word “tree” in Tree Kids Yoga is inspired by the much-loved tree pose, but also represents a belief that children benefit from being connected with the natural environment. The studio models eco-friendly practices and classes often incorporate items from nature for art and mindfulness activities.
“We have loved doing yoga with Tree Kids Yoga! I think it has really helped strengthen our connection and is something we both enjoy doing together.” – Amy (Family Yoga)
“Tree Kids Yoga has been great for my son and me, to have something we can do together. Lucy is great at providing a positive and calm environment. I enjoyed the yoga poses and learnt a lot as well. It was great doing the partnered moves. Highly recommended.” – Kirsten (Family Yoga)
“That made me feel amazing!” – Vidhaan (Primary Yoga)
“Exercising together is heaps of fun, and sharing a hobby as a family is very bonding. Mila finds it very special. Mila is practicing making new friends, we’ve learnt a few new things about yoga, and we’re learning the names of the poses.” – Nina (Junior Family Yoga)
“Bayley said she felt ‘amazing’ afterwards, and especially loved the painting activity.” – Heather (Family Yoga)
“Your classes have great variety, and we can see the benefits for the kids.” – Louise (Junior Family Yoga)
“We both love the small group size – small is much less intimidating for my granddaughter, while not so small that a lot of focus is on her. I particularly like the focus on breathing, and the positive self worth that you promote (e.g. think of something you’re good at, or something you enjoy doing). My granddaughter enjoys this also and we’ve talked about how she can use this when she’s overwhelmed or upset. We also enjoy the “pair” poses.” – Tracey (Family Yoga)
“My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the yoga class conducted by Lucy. My little one was practicing yoga even in the evening on the day as she was so happy after it. Highly recommended!” – Kiki (Family Yoga)
“My daughters and I LOVED family yoga with Sarah and Lucy. Beautiful space and flexible classes. Highly recommend it.” – Kathy (Family Yoga)
Visit www.treekidsyoga.com for more information, or follow their Facebook page (Tree Kids Yoga – Brisbane) for kids yoga exercises you can try at home.