School Holiday STEM workshops with STEM Punks
September School Holidays are nearly here! And STEM Punks popular online classes are back. Due to their successful one-week STEM Camp last holidays, this time there’s TWO weeks of online classes!
STEM Punks’ online classes
Week One Schedule, September 2020:
- Monday 21st September: Pirate Treasure – learn about Pirate Treasure Maps and use the micro:bit to code your own secret path to the hidden treasure.
- Tuesday 22nd September: Arduino Inventor – learn how to use the Arduino Microcontroller to create innovative solutions. You will learn about Electronics, Sensors, and how to create code to talk to the Microcontroller.
- Wednesday 23rd September: Future City Designer – learn the challenges of future city designs and create innovative solutions for liveable cities. You will learn how to use 3D Design tools and Coding to make your cities interactive.
- Thursday 24th September: Space Habitats – learn about the challenges of living in space and the exploration of other planets. You will learn new STEM skills in 3D Design and Coding to create your own liveable Space Habitat.
- Friday 25th September: Electronics Explorer – learn about Electronic Circuits and apply new STEM skills to make your own innovative circuit designs.
Week Two Schedule, September 2020:
- Monday 28th September: Drones Search and Rescue – learn how Drones are used in Search & Rescue Operations. You will learn how to use 3D Design Tools to design your own Drone Solution and use Coding to control your Drone in a 3D world.
- Tuesday 29th September: Innovation and Entrepreneurship – learn about Design Thinking and how to transform ideas into valuable outcomes. You learn how to use 3D Design Tools to visualise your creations and use rapid prototyping for fast iteration of your ideas. You will learn about Entrepreneurial Thinking and how to create value for your potential customers.
- Wednesday 30th September: Prehistoric Zoo Designer – learn about prehistoric creatures and design your own awesome Prehistoric Zoo. You will learn new STEM skills including Biology, 3D Design, and Coding.
- Thursday 1st October: micro:bit Coding – learn how to create Code for the BBC micro:bit, a small micro-controller. No prior skills needed, if you are new to Coding or have recently started with Coding then this class is for you.
- Friday 2nd October: Roller Coaster Designer – learn how to create your own 3D Roller Coaster design and use Coding to create an interactive Theme Park.
Book for the September holidays now at www.stempunks.com/p/holiday-classes.
Who are STEM Punks?
STEM Punks are Australia’s best STEM Education provider, hosting award-winning online teacher-led classes. STEM Punks’ mission is to ‘Inspire Tomorrow’s Innovators’ and teach kids about 21st Century skills by enabling a mindset of creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
STEM Punks offers curriculum-aligned courses in STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, and Maths) for primary and high school students that are developed and delivered by teachers and leading innovators to keep kids ahead of the pack.
What is STEM?
It is estimated that 90 percent of future jobs will require some form of Digital Literacy skills and the fastest growing job categories are related to STEM. Approximately 65% of children entering primary school this year will end up working in jobs that haven’t even been created yet. So give your kids the edge – get them into STEM with Australia’s leading provider of STEM education – STEM Punks.
Visit the STEM Punks website today at https://www.stempunks.com/courses to book your child into one of these exciting holiday workshops.