Bribie Island Aquatic Centre
Bribie Island Aquatic Centre is located in the beautiful surrounds of Bongaree. It is a relaxing, rejuvenating and fun-filled venue for the whole family to enjoy. This facility features a 25m swimming pool, a heated indoor programs pool, as well as an adventure swim play area. With lots of space to play around it, it’s the perfect spot for the whole family.
Learn to Swim at Bribie Island Aquatic Centre
Learn to Swim program at Bribie Island:
• New GOswim program – they have partnered with Swimming Australia!
• Swimming lessons start from 6 months of age
• Goswim group classes run for 30 minutes and GOswim Academy classes run for 60 minutes
• Private lessons are available
• Fast track swimming programs available over the holidays
• Water safety programs available over the holidays
Swimming Australia and Belgravia Leisure have partnered to develop and deliver a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming. Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
• Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
• Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
• Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
• Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress through the curriculum.
The Learn to swim journey is powered by innovative technology: the Splash app and digital platform. It is designed to improve communication and interaction between swim school, parent and swimmer. Key technology features of Splash include swimmer notifications on achieving skills and milestones, digital awards, video messaging from the Australian Dolphin Swim team and chat functionality. Together our goal is to put the fun back into learning to swim and keep swimmers loving our sport for longer.
Facilities at Bribie Island Aquatic Centre
Bribie Island has a range of features to suit everyone’s aquatic needs:
• An 8-lane heated outdoor 25m pool
• A 15m indoor heated programs and rehabilitation pool
• A large adventure swim play area with water features and a whirlpool
• A spa
• A covered grandstand overlooking the 25m pool
• A playground
• Shaded BBQ areas
• Disability access and parking
• Family change rooms
• A food and beverage kiosk
• Swimwear and accessories kiosk
Bribie Island also offers a number of services and programs at the facility:
• The GOswim learn to swim program
• A water smart program
• A fast track swimming program
• Aqua aerobics
• Swim squads
• Adult SwimFit
• Casual swimming
• Birthday Parties
• Pool Inflatable obstacle course
• Group/school bookings
• Access & Inclusion lessons
Special Needs Facilities
Bribie Island Aquatic Centre has been designed to be accessible to all members and casual visitors of all abilities. All three swimming pools are equipped with a ramp for entry and exit into the pool. There is a water wheelchair available for use, as well as hoist chairs to assist with entry and exit into the 25m pool. Bribie Island Aquatic Centre also has disability parking spots, and accessible restrooms/change rooms.
Visiting Bribie Island Swimming Pool
Being set in the beautiful surrounds of Bongaree, Bribie Island Aquatic Centre is the perfect place for the whole family to enjoy. With a diverse range of products, services, and facilities, there is something for everyone. Come along and see for yourself – our friendly staff can’t wait to meet you.
What guests have to say about Bribie Island Aquatic Centre
“EVERYTHING. Great OUTDOOR pools with a spa and an awesome whirlpool. Also has nice lap pool and indoor heated pool. All that is missing is a slide but other than that – OUR FAVOURITE place right now. Great for kids, My Son had a blast. Have just been twice in one week. Staff are great and food great too. ?”
“Best staff ever. Staff are patient and understanding with children under the spectrum.”
“Great place and excellent value. Staff are lovely. My grandkids enjoyed every minute.”
Bribie Island Aquatic Centre is located at 48 Goodwin Drive, Bongaree.
To find out more about this centre, please visit the Bribie Island Aquatic Centre website.