Explore Brisbane | Glass House Mountains Lookout
The Glass House Mountains are iconic to the Sunshine Coast, and you can even see them from high points in Brisbane, for example, from the summit of Clear Mountain.
A few years ago, we climbed Mt Ngungun with the kids, but we never knew about the beautiful Glass House Mountains Lookout nearby until recently.
Climbing Mt Ngungun
Glass House Mountain Lookout
Glass House Mountains Lookout is a lovely spot, about 1 hour drive north of Brisbane in the Beerburrum West State Forest. Pine trees plantations stretch out in neat rows, interrupted by volcanic peaks and eucalypt forests. It’s so beautiful! Have a look!
Beerburrum West State Forest
- Have a picnic
- Take photos
- Do a nature hunt
- Do a bush walk (tracks range from easy to very challenging)
- Bring paper and pens and do sketching
- Count birds
- Stop at the lookout on the way home from visiting the Sunhine Coast beaches
- Borrow a native flower book from the library and look for plants, like the bottle brush
- Collect pine cones along the road and do pine cone crafts or decoration when you’re at home
- Australia Zoo
- Sunshine Coast Beaches
One response to “Explore Brisbane | Glass House Mountains Lookout”
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!