- This event has passed.
April 29, 2019
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until June 16, 2019
GOMA have decided to extend their APT9 Kids Park Level.
As part of ‘The 9th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art’, APT9 Kids: Extended features four interactive artworks created especially for children and families by artists Sadik Kwaish Alfraji, Joyce Ho, Jakkai Siributr, and Jeff Smith for Tungaru: The Kiribati Project. Offering a rich participatory experience, the artist projects provide meaningful insights into the contemporary art of Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
- Sadik Kwaish Alfraji A boat to carry your dreams Inspired by a letter that Sadik Kwaish Alfraji received from his nephew Ali, who lives in Baghdad which featured a drawing of a small canoe-like boat with the words ‘I wish my letter takes me to you’. Think about your own wish, write or draw it on paper and fold into a boat to transport your dreams. You can also watch the artist’s animation Ali’s Boat 2015.
- Joyce Ho Un-Covered Library The books inside the Un-Covered Library are covered in paper, hiding their titles and cover illustrations from view. Choose a book and find a place to sit in one of the small stage sets representing typical reading locations and when finished reading, reflect on your impressions of the story and give the book a new title and cover design before placing it back on display for others to enjoy.
- Jakkai Siributr The Legend Of The Rainbow Stag Jakkai Siributr is inspired by his mother’s passion for children’s literature. The artist shares one of her stories, The Rainbow Stag, which is brought to life in an animation. Create your own personalised version of the animation by embellishing a stag template and scanning the image.
- Tungaru: The Kiribati Project Mauri Mauri is an immersive digital environment that uses projectors to create an underwater world that reflects the sights and sounds of a fish trap. Interact with schools of animated fish that respond to your movement and gather them into the trap projected onto the floor
- When: 29 April – 16 June, 10am – 5pm daily
- Where: Children’s Art Centre, GOMA
- Cost: free
- Who: Brisbane Families who love art!
For more information visit https://www.qagoma.qld.gov.au/whats-on/kids/apt9-kids-extended
We make every effort to ensure all this information is up to date but should be used as a guide only. Events do get cancelled or changed due to wet weather and other events. If you know of a change or cancellation then please do let us know at [email protected]
We make every effort to ensure all this information is up to date but should be used as a guide only. Events do get cancelled or changed due to wet weather and other events. If you know of a change or cancellation then please do let us know at [email protected].