Medieval Family Fun Day
Imagine a version of the Abbey Medieval Festival just for kids!
Bring the family to the Medieval Family Fun Day on Friday July 2nd where they can enjoy their own medieval experience with many of the similar activities you will find during the main Abbey Medieval Festival which is being held on the weekend. The aim of this very special family friendly fun day is to make the experience child friendly and engaging for kids!
Activites you can expect
- Beginner Fencing
- Medieval carnival games
- Bird of prey
- Learn jousting skills
- Learn how to be a court jester
- Turkish wrestlers
- Henna design
- Camel riding
- Creative spaces to make crowns, masks, catapults and more
- Stilt walking
- Story telling
- Mini Trebuchet
- Quoits and Skittles
- Medieval farm space
- Meet medieval hounds
- Leather stamping workshops
- SO much more!!!
Come dressed in your best medieval costume and enter the costume competition at 10:05am and 12pm.
- There will be four winners of each session.
- Winners will have use of one of the VIP boxes for the following joust (i.e. 10:05am winners will be lead to the 10:45am joust). These boxes seat eight people.
- The first place winner will also receive a Cloak donated by Cloaks of Honour.
Old world atmosphere
There will be opportunities to wander through medieval encampments, meet re-enactors, see armour and weapons and learn traditional crafts or listen to stories of knights in shining armour and fierce Viking warriors.
Please encourage your little ones to dress up and get involved in this immersive experience.
To find out more and to book tickets head to the Abbey Medieval Festival website
We make every effort to ensure all this information is up to date but should be used as a guide only. Events do get cancelled or changed due to wet weather and other events. If you know of a change or cancellation then please do let us know at [email protected].