Easy Iced Biccies
Sugar warning.. but all things in moderation. I began this activity one rainy Sunday afternoon after several days of rain. I was not in the mood for the mess of baking but at the same time wanted to enjoy the fun of the toddler WOW you get from a good batch of cookies.
How we turned biscuit decorating this into an epic education activity
- We measured the icing together and mixed it together – which is also known as mathematics and gross motor skill development
- The children all counted the sprinkles as they went onto the biscuits. We talked about which one had the most, the least, odd, even etc. Again also known as mathematics.
- We looked at the shapes of the biscuits and the sprinkles and named them – so much mathematics this may as well of been a maths class!
- We ate the biscuits at a table and practised our manners- ok- not really but we could have!
- Just goes to show even the most basic activities can be turned into a fun learning session!
You will need
- A packet of milk arrow root biscuits
- Some icing. Make your own or buy some.