Pop Up Drive in Cinema coming to Brisbane
Brisbane company Get Parked is launching a pop-up drive-in cinema in a vacant car park in Hendra and we are excited!
The Drive-in will be able to accommodate 75 cars per screening with two sessions each evening this Friday and Saturday night.
Features you can expect
- An enormous 10-metre-wide and 6-metre-high inflatable screen
- The latest movies from early 2020 (those with limited cinema releases during COVID-19)
- Audio transmission direct to vehicles
Refreshments on offer
Park-In Pictures will have traditional cinema snacks including popcorn, candy, ice cream, and soft drinks, plus some old school diner favourites like hot dogs, burgers and chips – all delivered directly to cars.
What a great way to make use of a car park!
Director Steve Gilbert has many vacant parking lots through his car parking business Get Parked which has gone stagnant through COVID-19, and wanted to find a way to put them to good use, retain staff and entertain bored Brisbane residents at the same time.
“Locals have been hanging out for months for an exciting reason to get out of the house in accordance with social distancing measures, and there have been very few options.
“Circumstances have put us in the box seat and now we are offering a fun and unique community experience without compromising safety.”
Park-In Pictures will have measures in place to ensure people stay safe
- Offering hand sanitiser at entry points
- Delivering food directly to cars which can be pre-ordered on the website
- keeping a suitable distance between vehicles
- Asking people to take rubbish home with them.
- The layout of the cinema will allow social distancing between vehicles
- People will be encouraged to only leave their cars for the restroom but can view movies from the car tray or boot.
The experience will cater for both children and adults, with a family-friendly screening of My Spy on both nights, followed by The Gentlemen on Friday and Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey on Saturday night.
Park-In Pictures is brought to you by Get Parked, in collaboration with Heritage Films, Andrews Airport Parking, Wine & Dine’m Catering and Con-X-Ion (staffing).
Friday 15 May 6pm: My Spy Friday 15 May 8.30pm: The Gentlemen
Saturday 16 May 5.45pm: My Spy Saturday 16 May 8.15pm: Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey
Where: 490-500 Nudgee Rd, Hendra QLD 4011
Silver class and large cars: $33 per car
Gold class: $39 per car
Find out more