A trip to the movies is a great family day out, with Chermside Cinemas offering a quality megaplex cinema experience for all ages. Chermside Cinemas is part of the Event Cinemas chain, located on level 2 of Chermside Westfield Shopping Centre, Cnr Gympie and Hamilton Road, Chermside. It features 2 Vmax cinemas, 12 Senstadium cinemas and 2 Gold Class cinemas within the complex.
MOVIES THE WAY YOU WANT TO SEE THEM
Chermside Cinemas offers tickets at standard Event Cinema prices, from approximately $18.00 for adults and $13.00 for children, with tickets for 3D and other special events costing extra. Gold Class tickets are from $25.00 upward, depending on session and time. Gold Class tickets are the same price for adults and children, with the added bonus of being able to pre-purchase meals, beverages and treats to be delivered to your seat during the movie, with comfortable recliners to relax in.
Tickets can be purchased online or in person, with online bookings also incurring a booking fee of $1.20 per person for standard sessions or $3.40 per person for Gold Class bookings. The perk with online ticket purchases is being able to secure the seat you want before you arrive, and having priority service on arrival.
The amenities offered are family friendly, with standard pricing. You will find the snack bar fully stocked with all your favourites, from popcorn to chocolate snacks and ice cream, as well as a range of drinks, including the much loved frozen soft drink. A popcorn and drink combo will usually set you back around $10-15. They also host frequent special events, as well as screenings aimed at parents with young children and babies. The Bring Your Baby sessions are offered at discounted prices and usually start mid morning to midday, lightly lit so parents can keep their eyes on young ones while enjoying a movie, without the stress of bothering other patrons.
The added convenience of the cinema location means your cinema visit can be incorporated with some retail therapy, or dining at one of the many restaurants and cafes within the Westside Shopping Centre complex, either before or after your movie.
How to get there
There are a number of transport options. There is public transport, including frequent buses traveling to the shopping centre from neighbouring suburbs. Driving your own vehicle is also a good option because there is free and reduced-price parking available. The first three hours of parking is free, as well as free if entering the car park after 6:00pm. The best parking for the cinema is level 2 on the top roof, entering via Hamilton Road or Banfield Street.
While not the cheapest cinema in Brisbane, Event Cinemas offer great specials and promotions for members of their rewards program Cinebuzz Rewards, which you can join online or in person. For every 6 movies you see, you get one free, as well as regular deals and weekly movie of the week discounts emailed straight to your inbox. They also have cheap Tuesday with discount tickets from $10.50 for everyone. Some places like Grilld also offer deals from time to time when purchasing meals providing movies for free or cheaper than you would otherwise pay.
Check out the Chermside Cinemas Facebook page to hear about any specials/promotions, and treat your Brisbane Kids to a fun and memorable movie experience they are sure to love. For movies all across Brisbane you should check out our Brisbane Movies with Kids information.
Tips and Tricks for Going to the Movies at Chermside
- Book ahead online. You can do this both on computer and print your ticket, or on phone and simply show the barcode that presents when you confirm payment. The awesome benefits of this system are that you can choose you own seat AND when you arrive at the cinemas, you are able to jump the queue.
- Eat before hand. Head to the movies either after dinner (6.30 session) or after breakfast (10.30 session). Avoid the lunchtime sessions for not only the need to eat more food but also because the younger kids especially tend to be crankier in the afternoons.
- Don’t worry about taking babies into kids movies. Remember it is a kids movie but if you are really concerned then just head to one of the morning sessions that seem to be dominated by parents with young ones. If you are really concerned then check out their sessions especially for parents that tend to run once a week.
- Take your own snacks. It is a no-brainer right?
- Look for family movie sessions. Event Cinemas is well known for their family tickets. For $38 you can take 2 adults and 2 children to a host of new release kids movies (generally cartoons).
Going to the cinemas in the school holidays
Some would say ARE YOU MAD! Going to the movies in the school holidays seems like a rookie move. Surely the movies will be packed out. YES, they are busier than usual but if you pre-book online then you can be assured of an hour or so of captivated kids and a chance to catch your breath. For $40 for the entire family for family movie sessions, it is actually not a bad deal at all.
You can find out more about Chermside Cinemas on the Event Cinemas website at http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/cinema/chermside