Best places to go camping with Kids
You told us via our facebook page where you thought the best places to go camping with kids are in and around Brisbane. As always we ask you to check locations prior to leaving home- ie booking or investigating the vacancy likelihood to avoid disappointment
- Bestbrooke, near cunninghams back.
- Gordon country
- Big 4 billabong tweed heads! Powered site with an ensuite! So its the tent and atmosphere with a shower, toilet and running water right next to the tent!!
- The caravan park at Dicky beach. it was great. right at the beach, they had a swimming pool and a really good ‘camp kitchen’. it was the perfect introduction to camping
- Double island
- Bribie is good for somewhere close
- If you can 4wd Deepwater national park is great- near Agnes Water/1770
- The Cape
- Moreton Island
- Neurum Creek Bush Retreat at Woodford. They are kid and dog friendly, can’t rave about them enough.
- Landcruiser park
- Scenic rim adventure park i would choose landcruiser … though both places are very cold at night – very very icy cold lol
- Tweed Billabong! Peeeerfect for kids!
- Flanagans reserve great swimming holes for all ages
- Marsh Backyard is the best the toilet facilities rock and you can set up the choc as my kids like to do
- Kennilworth Homestead
- we usually camp in national parks.. we have 6 kids, so it gets too expensive to stay in motels etc.. at a national park, we can camp for $23 a night for the 8 of us 🙂 no powered sites, but the experience is awesome!
- Another of the Best places to go camping with Kids is Yarrow Sandy Creek camping, between kilcoy and woodford! www.sandycreekcamping.com.au! Best part is NO MOBILE phone reception, camp along the shallow rocky kid climbing friendly creek that isn’t mosquito infested! Take bikes, scooters etc. Great 4wd track! Hot showers, clean toilets! $65 for 2 nights for the whole family!
- Noosa North Shore and the Big4 caravan park at Lake Ainsworth we have found to be great.
- One of the best places to go camping with Kids is Stimson Park out past Jimboomba -big open field, flushing toilets and a fresh water creek for the kids to play in (not to deep and not running to fast) woke up each morning to the most amazing sunrise coming over the top of Mt Tambourine and got to see lots of wildlife. Kids had a ball. Head into Jimboomba then turn right as if heading to Boonah there is a little 2nd hand store on the right hand side there is a turn off maybe 100m past it (left) take that and just keep going. Its an amazing place. no fresh drinking water though so need to take your own.
- Murphys creek escape and big 4 north star at tweed heads!! Amazing!!! And they have a day spa…. Sweet deal
- Atkinsons dam awesome! Grassy shady fresh water can have a fire great spot!
- Neurum Creek Bush Retreat is fantastic
- Jeffery Bigriggen also near Flanagans, bike tracks and swimming hole, great clean amenities .. Our favorite place!
- Ballina headlands leasure park. Great for kids
- If you have a 4WD you can’t beat Moreton Island. It is just beautiful and you feel a million miles away from Brisbane.
- I love camping at Thunderbird Park at Tamborine!! It is one of the Best places to go camping with Kids! They have loads on offer including horse-riding, high ropes course, thunder-egg mining, rock-hopping and water-holes as well as bush walks. Just a few minutes up the road is Mt Tamborine with all it’s funky shops and galleries!!
- Inskip at Rainbow beach is awesome
- if you have a boat Currigee Camp Ground at South Stradbroke (on the broadwater opp Runaway Bay) is the best!
- Big four at Hastings point… had an absolute ball!!!
- Dickie Beach Caravan Park – great and North Stradbroke Island – right on the beach – patrolled beaches, bbq’s, toilets and running water – was great!
- Wivenhoe Dam
- Sommerset Dam
- Cressbrook Dam
- woodford folk festival was great for us.. we set up our own tent for the week, but they also have tent city if u dont want to have to set up & pack down (which is understandable with kids).. there is a kids festival within the festival, and there is so much going on not one moment were we bored.. very kid friendly kids under 5 are free too just have to watch kids dont dissappear in the crowds tho..
- Byron Bay… do u really need a reason…
- Peach Trees
- Flannigans reserve was great. 20c showers. Water holes and flat enough to take the bikes.
- Gordon Country – It is awesome.. its out on the way to Warwich.. has flowing water, toilets, showers, 4wd tracks, a mountain to climb, cows and wildlife… and so many spots to camp. it is massive! there is even a ‘family’ section!
- Elanda Point camping grounds at Lake Cootharaba was pretty spesh last week
- Wooyoung beach cabins, campsites powered and not, dogs allowed, beach across the road.
- Hosannah Farm stay. Fantastic facilities, animals, dam with kayaking etc, they can cater food for you if you need it, and lovely people who run it. Under two hours drive. Gorgeous spot!!
- Lake Moogerah if you have a ski boat
- Mt Tamborine – great places, anywhere in the Scenic Rim . (but then I may just be biased!)
- Neurem Creek (as mentioned above) all the way, a fantastic place to camp with weeones !!
- Evans Head
- Girraween National park – camping but has loos and hot showers!
- bigriggen is our absolute fave place to camp
- The Bunya Mountains
- nuerum creek is also right up there as well
- Northshore Beach Caravan Park
- Elanda Point. Shallow water for littlies to splash in. Loads of wide open places for running around and ballgames. Hot showers and flushing toilets. Ensure you take the bug spray
- We have just got back from a weekend camping at Murphys Creek Escape (lockyer valley) its child friendly and our two 3yr and 11yr old had a ball. You can even take the pet dog too. Check it out. Its worth it.
Camping with Brisbane Kids is a huge step in any family, leaving technology at home and embracing some good old fashioned fun. If you think you can add to our list then email us at [email protected] and help us continue to have the best places to go camping with Kids
5 responses to “Best places to go camping with Kids”
Follow Us On Instagram
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!