All I want for Christmas is a Soda Stream!
I think I was having the same thoughts as a ten year old. I remember having a Sodastream as a child, the sound of it, the luxury of bubbly water all the time. Did you know that the Sodastream has actually been around since 1903 and despite changing its look and design it remains focused on its very cool singular purpose which is creating sparkling bubbly water in a machine you can have in your home.
I use the Sodastream I currently have every single day for sparkling water and just as often for weekend drinks and for experimenting with different flavours. A US water study conducted in 2014 found that adults drank 40% more water and water based drinks when owning a Sodastream. With kids, the novelty heightens the use so one can only imagine how much more water I get my 8 year old to drink. Priced at RRP $199 these are a cool family gift idea especially if you like the idea of gifting outside the realm of toys and novelties. The Sodastream is useful for everyone.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY A SODASTREAM
- You get yourself a world famous Sodastream
- You get access to sparkling water using water from your tap!
- You get a BPA reusable bottle
- You also get a gas cylinder full, (about 60L worth of bubbles), so your Sodastream is ready to use (there are heaps of locations to swap them over for a small fee when you run out (which you can find on their website))
- There are over 40 better-for-you flavours
- Easy to follow instructions
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HAVING A SODASTREAM
- We drink more water as a family and more water based drinks
- It saves you money. It costs less to use a Sodastream than it does buying sparkling water. 40c per 1.5 litres which is about half as much as buying soda water from a supermarket.
- We use less plastic as a family which means less landfill
- The Sodastream looks stylish and doesn’t take up a lot of room in my kitchen
- It is really easy to use
MY KIDS’ 3 FAVOURITE SODASTREAM RECIPES
- Plain soda water
- Plain soda water with some pieces of lime (true story!)
- Depending on the child these are the other 2 flavours we sometimes have on weekend
MY FAVOURITE SODASTREAM RECIPE
My favourite Sodastream recipe is a vodka, lime and soda followed very closely by a Mojito. The point of the Sodastream for me is to replace something that was costing me a lot of money, creating a lot of plastic byproduct and by default encouraging me to drink more water.
For your chance to win your own Sodastream Power valued at RRP $199, comment below and answer this question:
“Sodastream really does come to be part of the family, what name would you give your Sodastream if you won?” most creative answer wins!
This competition will run until the 23rd December Midnight. For Terms and Conditions head here.
18 responses to “All I want for Christmas is a Soda Stream!”
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!