Swimming Creeks Brisbane
Exploring the swimming creeks in Brisbane is a job best done after a good amount of rain. Too much rain though, and you might find it too flooded. It is a balance. You certainly won’t want to visit the vast majority of these creeks if it hasn’t rained in a long time.
Things to consider when swimming in creeks
- Is the water running and where does it come from?
- Don’t drink from any local creeks
- Water safety is a priority – treat it with as much caution as a local swimming pool
- Don’t dive in if you can’t see the bottom (its a rule many teenagers seem to ignore at the most popular swimming holes)
- Take your rubbish home with you, take only memories, leave only footprints.
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!