Swimming Creeks Brisbane
Exploring the swimming creeks in Brisbane is a job best done after a good amount of rain. Too much rain though, and you might find it too flooded. It is a balance. You certainly won’t want to visit the vast majority of these creeks if it hasn’t rained in a long time.
Things to consider when swimming in creeks
- Is the water running and where does it come from?
- Don’t drink from any local creeks
- Water safety is a priority – treat it with as much caution as a local swimming pool
- Don’t dive in if you can’t see the bottom (its a rule many teenagers seem to ignore at the most popular swimming holes)
- Take your rubbish home with you, take only memories, leave only footprints.
Follow Us On Instagram
Keep Up To Date With Brisbane Kids!
Like our page to get the latest news & things to do in Brisbane with kids fresh in your newsfeed!