We love introducing Brisbane Kids to new and unusual taste sensations and what better way than through Japanese Food and Sushi. Sushi in Australia represents far more than raw fish and instead today has evolved into a tasty and healthy meal. Nori Rolls and Rice Paper Rolls are filled with rice and yummy fillings including chicken, cucumber, avocado, BBQ pork, prawns and anything you can really imagine. Dipped in a bit of soy sauce, sweet chilli or wasabi for the adventurous (and likely much older Brisbane Kids).
We found 2 favourites this week that will help you and your Brisbane Kid to enjoy their sushi both with style and with practicality in mind.
Firstly from Kiddyshack this awesome sushi maker. It means your Brisbane Kid can really involved in making their own rolls, choosing their ingredients and enjoying the process.
These facts from KiddyShack.
- Kids can make their own sushi, dishwasher dafe, food grade and designed and made in Australia.
- You can make sushi without or with the seaweed.
- You can use lots of other foods to – potato, dates, apricots, polenta,brownies, falafel, dumplings etc
- Perfect for snacks for toddlers, lunch boxes and general healthy eating oh and for adults too – perfect for party finger food.
- $24.95 and free postage this weekend.
- Email [email protected] if you are interested.
Here are also some further healthy benefits to sushi- and while we dont claim to be nutritionists- we are pretty sold on some of these awesome features.
- Sushi is low in saturated fat
- if you do include tuna or other fish it is also high in fish oils, Omega 3- ideal for growing bodies and developing brains.
- Nori contains a variety of different minerals to promote healthy bodies
- It is a yummy high protein meal giving little brisbane kid bodies the energy to move!
- Like you need an excuse!