Reuniting You and Your Lost Brisbane Furbaby (Pet)
Here at Brisbane Kids we want to make sure your other family member, your beloved pet, is able to be found when they go a-wandering and lose their way home. Here are some ideas and a list of resources you can turn to so you have the best chance of being reunited with your treasured Brisbane furbaby.
What to do if your pet goes missing in Brisbane
- Firstly contact the RSPCA and let them know your pets details in case they are handed in. The RSPCA also has a couple of paid services – $50 for their Pet D Tect Platinum service or they have a Pet D Tect Diamond service ($250). For more information go to http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/en/LostAndFound/Pet-D-Tect
- Contact your local council to register your pet’s description and details on their lost and found section.
- Let your local Australia Post Office know so they can alert their Posties to keep a look out for your missing pet during their travels.
- Ring around to local vets
- If you live near a railway alert your local train station. The drivers often see animals around train tracks.
- You can also check with Animal Welfare agencies.
- Put an advertisement in your local paper or with the local radio station, put up posters in the area where your pet went missing or do a letterbox drop.
- Put up brightly coloured posters around local schools, shopping centres and in your neighbourhood to maximise the likelihood that someone will recognise your pet if they find them and can contact you. If your pet is microchipped make sure your details are up to date – update them with the relevant microchipping database if they aren‘t.
- The Australian Rescue and Rehoming Resource http://arrr.id.au/lostandfound.html has a number of businesses listed who can also help you relocate your family pet. Their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OzRescueAndRehomingResource Rescue Groups Google Map
- http://www.arrr.id.au/Rescue_Groups/Rescue_Groups.html Website for Queensland Lost Pet Register
- Share with friends on facebook, ask them to share with their friends and check out the following facebook pages: Lost Pet Register Directory (directs people to the regional pages)
- https://www.facebook.com/lostpetregistersinAustralia Queensland Lost Pet Register (QLPR) (3,000+ followers)
- https://www.facebook.com/Queenslandlostpets Lost Pet Co ordinator – Caboolture, Pine Rivers and Surrounds (400+ followers)
- https://www.facebook.com/qlpr.cabpinerivers Lost Pet Coordinator – Gold Coast (QLPR GC) (760 Followers)
- https://www.facebook.com/QLPR.GC Brisbane Kids – Keeping you and your Brisbane pets together and happy
We wish you the very best in finding your furry family member.