Caramel Sultana Slice
Guest blogger Anne from Domesblissity
This has to be one of my all time favourite slices that can be whipped up in no time. I love baking and, traditionally, like nothing better than beating butter and sugar etc etc but who has the time? I love a melt and mix slice that’s mixed up in next to no time at all, thrown in the oven and cooked within 20 minutes. I hope you give this one a go. The kids will love it. It’s great for lunch boxes and morning and afternoon tea. The Mums will also love it at your next play date or playgroup morning tea.
150gm butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1.1/2 cups sultanas (or any dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Mix base ingredients and press into a lined 30x25cm slice tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar together until thick and pale (approx 2 minutes).
- Fold through flour and baking powder then add sultanas.
- Spread over cooked base and bake for a further 25 mintues or until golden.
- Cool in tin and cut into squares.
Makes approximately 18 small squares.
Suitable to freeze.