Visiting the Christmas Lights is a tradition practiced in so many parts of the world and Brisbane is no exception. Every year, households around the city undertake the mammoth effort of decorating their Brisbane homes in Christmas lights to draw crowds and wow Brisbane Kids.
The best Christmas Light locations
You will see below that we have divided the city into quadrants and mapped the light locations to make it easier for you to find the best Christmas Lights in Brisbane near you. We have also noted if the lights are a winner in the 4KQ Christmas Lights Competition. We suggest ensuring you allow plenty of time to visit the winners because these houses are often so big that they will require you to leave your car and walk through a Christmas wonderland that will need to be seen to be believed. Houses on our list may not opt to turn their lights on until December 1st.
PLEASE NOTE: Local residents have requested that, whilst everyone is warmly welcomed when visiting their Christmas lights, please do not obstruct driveways and be considerate to those that live in the area. Keep the area beautiful for other families to share in the joy and take any litter with you when you leave. We have been told that local councils are placing parking restrictions on some of the more popular locations this year, so please be aware of this to avoid a fine.
Where you can find Christmas Lights in Brisbane
The 4KQ Website – Keep in mind the lights on this list tend to attract a lot of traffic. Allow yourself plenty of time when travelling. It is good to look at a lot of the local papers for lights because many houses will be featured that wont meet the strict 4kq criteria or simply choose not to participate in such a large promotion.
North Brisbane Christmas Lights
- Aspley – 47 Alexis Street. Inflatable Santa, Reindeer and Snowman aren’t up if it’s raining. Lights on between 7pm and 10pm.
- Bald Hills – Paladin Place. Brad’s Brisbane Christmas lights is an interactive light display featuring a light show synchronised to music and 24,000+ LEDs sequenced over 7,400+ channels. Get your name in lights here! Check out the awesome video for an idea of how spectacular this lights display is. Brad’s Facebook page for the latest info is www.facebook.com/BradsXmasLights or visit www.bradsxmaslights.com
- Caboolture – 20 Craigslea Drive. 4KQ FINALIST, Best North
- Chermside West – 146 Maundrell Terrace. 4KQ WINNER, Best Community or Church Group
- Clayfield – 123 Adelaide Street East. 4KQ WINNER, Best North
- Deagon – 116 Board Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Deception Bay – 26 Cockatiel Court. Collecting donations for the RBWH foundation. Lit up each night, from 7pm till 10pm. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 7pm till 8pm, come and meet Santa. On Friday 19th December from 7pm there will be face painting by donation.
- Everton Hills – Bursaria Street. There are a couple of homes in this street completely lit up with lights.
- Geebung – 419 Newman Road. 4KQ WINNER, Best Commercial Small Business
- Hamilton – 6 Oxford Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Joyner – 4 Gordons Crossing Road East. 4KQ RUNNERS UP, Best North
- Kelvin Grove – 1/22B Hampson Street. 4KQ WINNER, Best Unit/Townhouse
- Marrumba Downs – 12 Elm Drive. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Narangba – 12 Ridge View Drive. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Nundah – Centro Toombul, 1015 Sandgate Road. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Paddington- Government House, 168 Ferneberg Rd. Come and see the Christmas lights at Government house as they open the gates to the public for viewing between 7pm and 8pm from the 12th-14th December.
- Redcliffe – 1 Richens Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Red Hill – The Salvation Army Brisbane Recovery Services, 58 Glenrosa Road. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Taringa – Snap Laundromat, 69 Westerham Street. Be part of the interactive Christmas lights display at Snap Laundromat, Taringa, by helping Santa & his reindeer find the Christmas Tree! This year’s display allows visitors to trigger the lights adorning the 4.2 meter high Christmas Tree at the Laundromat. Click here for interactive lights display.
- Warner – 25 Lacewood Circuit. 4KQ WINNER, Best Themed Display
- Warner – Oakwood Road. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
South-East Brisbane Christmas Lights
- Alexandra Hills – Dorking Court.
- Alexandra Hills – 30 Garter Street.
- Alexandra Hills – 24 Hailsham Street.
- Alexandra Hills – 4 Justin Court. Lights synchronised to music – tune into 88.5FM.
- Alexandra Hills – 12 Merriott Court.
- Belmont – Brandella Place. 4KQ 1st PRIZE, Best Neighbourhood
- Belmont – 39 Brandella Place. 4KQ FINALIST, Best East
- Birkdale – 59 Burbank Road.
- Birkdale – Lindon Street.
- Birkdale – 9 MacFarlan Street.
- Capalaba – Barber Drive.
- Capalaba – 13 Krimmer Place.
- Capalaba – Capalaba Childcare & Early Education Centre, 39 Holland Crescent.
- Capalaba – 44 Larbonya Crescent. 4KQ WINNER, Best East
- Capalaba – Tipperary Court. This whole cul-de-sac has amazing light displays.
- Carina – 536 D’arcy Road. 4KQ RUNNER UP, Best East
- Carindale – 7 Melrose Close. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Carindale – 8 Melrose Close. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Carindale – 12 Melrose Close. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Cleveland – 151 Bay Street.
- Cleveland – Cleveland Uniting Church, Passage Street.
- Cornubia – 128 Park View Crescent. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Edens Landing – 106 Castile Cresent. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Eight Mile Plains – 19 Teagarden Street. 4KQ RUNNER UP, Best South
- Eight Mile Plains – The Glen Hotel & Suites, cnr Logan Rd & Gaskell Street. 4KQ WINNER, Best Commercial Big Business
- Eight Mile Plains – 4 Colvillea Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Hillcrest – 5 Clabon Street. 4KQ WINNER, Best South
- Holland Park – 56 Stella Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Kangaroo Point – 98 Holman Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Kingston – 31 Edith Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Loganholme – Ellison Specialised Properties, Unit 7/15 Henry Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Marsden – Glenlyon Street, Marsden.
- Mt Cotton – 18 Ti Tree Court.
- Mt Warren Park – 11 Lane Court. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Redland Bay – Dory Close. Close to a dozen homes taking part.
- Redland Bay – Huntly Place.
- Redland Bay – 268 Main Street.
- Redland Bay – 31 Stradbroke Street.
- Redland Bay – 14 Viola Drive.
- Runcorn – 6 Pine Street. A great display that includes Christmas lights and Disney displays. The owners of this display are fundraising for The Mater Little Miracles appeal. Having Little Miracles themselves, a donation tin has been set up to thank the hardworking staff of the NCCUs. For every dollar fundraised, Andrew and Rebecca will match the donations dollar for dollar and donate to this wonderful cause this Christmas. Please note: no one is required to donate, everyone is welcome to simply enjoy the lights.
- Thorneside – 4 Wunulla Street.
- Thornlands – 14 Panorama Drive.
- Thornlands – 45A Thornlands Road.
- Tingalpa – 23 Abbeyfeale Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Parkinson – 6 St Clair Close. 4KQ FINALIST, Best South
- Victoria Point – Barcrest Drive. Spend some time walking through and enjoying this magical Christmas display with hundreds of lights. Featuring a stable, wise men and a camel, angels, an Aussie Christmas display and Christmas trees, there is also a jumping castle for the kids and coffee and tea free for Mum and Dad.
- Victoria Point – Elysian Street.
- Victoria Point – 7 Honeysuckle Court.
- Victoria Point – 1 Kahlia Close.
- Victoria Point – Lindabel Court.
- Victoria Point – 46-8 Magnolia Parade. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Victoria Point – 37 Sandy Drive. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Victoria Point – Trisha Close.
- Wellington Point – 53 Charles Canty Drive.
- Wellington Point – 14 Liner Street.
- Wellington Point – 42 Plumer Street.
- Woodridge – Unit 12/33 Rudge Street. 4KQ WINNER, Bill Stratton Hall of Fame
- Wynnum West – 16 Glenjustins Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
South-West Brisbane Christmas Lights
- Bellbowrie – 45 Church Road. 4KQ WINNER, Best New Entrant
- Forestdale – 99 Forestdale Drive.
- Forest Lake – 81 Centennial Way. Walk through display, featuring Aussie Bush Christmas, Christmas Creek, Santa’s Workshop, snow machine and inflatable alley.
- Graceville – 207 Graceville Avenue. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Heathwood – 4 Gardenia Circuit. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Jindalee – 20 Curragundi Road. 4KQ FINALIST, Best West
- Karana Downs – Karana Early Education Centre, 36-38 College Road.
- Kenmore – 10 Warunda Street. 4KQ RUNNER UP, Best West
- Middle Park – 12 Narrung Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Sinnamon Park – 3 Furness Crescent. 4KQ WINNERS, Best Lighting Display, Best West & Best Synchronised Music Display
- Sinnamon Park – Hawk Place. 4KQ 3rd PRIZE, Best Neighbourhood
- Springfield – Springfield Childcare & Early Education Centre, 6 Community Place.
- Westlake – Everard Street. 4KQ 2nd PRIZE, Best Neighbourhood
Ipswich Christmas Lights
- Deebing Heights – Dannika Way.
- Eastern Heights – 18 Edwards Street. 4KQ JUDGES COMMENDATION
- Flinders View – Hillier Court. This display is amazing! They have used recycled materials to create igloos and other cool Christmas displays. See Hillier Court Lights on Facebook.
- North Ipswich – 9 Blackwood Avenue. Lights programmed to music. View this Post by Brassall Christmas Lights to get an idea of this amazing display.
Brisbane Christmas Lights Map
NOTE: These Brisbane Christmas light locations have been sourced from direct emails sent to Brisbane Kids, as well as 4KQ, Redland City Bulletin, and various individual Facebook pages belonging to locations with large light displays.