Thanks to the wonderful blogger Anne from Domeblissity – visit for more similar yumminess today
ANZAC biscuits are one of those things that I bake regularly for the biscuit barrel but I thought I’d make a bit of change and try to get a similar taste but in a pikelet. These pikelets are super moist and very filling and would make an ideal ANZAC Day breakfast covered in butter and syrup or berries. They would freeze well and be great for the kid’s lunch boxes.
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1.1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Oil spray
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add sugar, oats and coconut.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add milk, beaten eggs and golden syrup. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow time for the oats to soften slightly.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a greased pan and when bubbles form on top of pikelet, turn and cook until cooked in the centre.
- Serve warm spread with butter and more golden syrup.